Remote Access shutting down?

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
It appears that Remote Access is in the final stages of shut down, For several days personally I have had issues remarkable to previous experiences with this challenged system.
Today I checked my personal account and found in the side bar (far left bottom) Dish Online, interesting because Remote Access once lived there........one can still use the pull down menu and see Remote Access.
I suppose this should be of no real surprise, for weeks the message has been posted when entering Remote Access, continue or move to Dish Online.
I just wish as customers information was forthcoming, good, bad or indifferent.
Or maybe it's Irene......

Ugh, you are right! I use it every night. Dish Online is horrible compared to the old Remote Access. I clicked Dish Online because that was the only choice but it can't load my DVR. I used it about 60 days ago and quickly learned I hated it. Thanks for the tip about it being in the drop-down! Maybe I can squeeze a few more days out of it.

Ugh, you are right! I use it every night. Dish Online is horrible compared to the old Remote Access. I clicked Dish Online because that was the only choice but it can't load my DVR. I used it about 60 days ago and quickly learned I hated it. Thanks for the tip about it being in the drop-down! Maybe I can squeeze a few more days out of it.
and Sling TV via the RA deal has been removed.....

DRA now not in drop down. I can now no longer see how to schedule a Dish Pass recording. Also my OTA channels no longer show up in the guide or the drop down for scheduling recordings. Since I don't get HD locals in my area, this is not good. Since the 922 can't do manual timers or Dish Pass except online, this could be a deal breaker. May be Ebay time then Dtv time. I am finally giving up on the so-called "flagship". It's more like a dinghy.

Confirmed. We need to strongly suggest that they return the Dish Pass functionality to either the VIP 922 itself, or to Dish Online, or to both.

Could the "DIRT" team please pass this thread along to the geniuses on the Dish Online development team and to the 922 software team. How long have we been asking for Dish Pass and Manual Timers on the receiver itself? The DRA option worked (kinda) but now we have lost that. Looks like a big step backward to me.

See this thread at Dish Support.

The uppermost level of DishNetwork.com has a little text link toward the upper top, that says "Set My DVR" - and this will take you to a Sling server that will give the familiar option of Dish Remote Access or Dish Online. And the timers and interface, grid, ec. are still there. The direct link is here which redirects currently to here.

Last edited: