Switching TV1 and TV2

jbminch

Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Mooresville, NC
I have one box and two TVs. TV1 is in the living room. TV2 is in the bedroom upstairs. I want to move the box to the bedroom so that is TV1 and the living room TV2. I found the diplexor in the attic and swapped the wires but when I hook the box to the bedroom TV, the satellite won't load. I get the "acquiring signal" GUI but no green boxes. It just sits there. What do I need to do? I called tech support but they just talked in circles and pressed to send a guy out to look at it. I really don't want to pay for a simple move if I don't have to.

jbminch said:
I have one box and two TVs. TV1 is in the living room. TV2 is in the bedroom upstairs. I want to move the box to the bedroom so that is TV1 and the living room TV2. I found the diplexor in the attic and swapped the wires but when I hook the box to the bedroom TV, the satellite won't load. I get the "acquiring signal" GUI but no green boxes. It just sits there. What do I need to do? I called tech support but they just talked in circles and pressed to send a guy out to look at it. I really don't want to pay for a simple move if I don't have to.

Ummm, when you say you found the dyplexer and switched the cables which ones did you switch?

The in/out port should always go on the cable to where the reciever is attatched, the sat port should always go to cable to which the satellite is attatched, ant the UHF/VHF port should always go to where your tv2 is attatched. ( im talking about the external dyplexer, not the one at the stb if it has a dyplexer and not a triplexer).

It is sometimes possible that there may have been a splitter inline to tv2 ( which splitters dont pass voltage) that you arent aware of and tv 2 would work just fine on this.

Hope all works out for you.

I think what Dishman says is the problem. When moving the receivers, one needs to turn around the diplexer. There are some very good diagrams on the dish tech site (at least there used to be). They should help you with the move.
Miner

jbminch said:
By "switching" I mean that the SAT line was going to the living room, the VHF was going to the Bed room. I reversed them...

Put the SAT line back where it was, you want the line that was, flip flop the in/out and VHF/uhf. The sat line is the one coming from thedish, in/out you want going to the receiver, and VHF/uhf needs to go to tv 2.
SAT to dish
In/out to receiver
VHF/uhf to Tv2.
I somehow ended up with an extra few words in my first one, the edit lays it out for ya.

The picture i uploaded is of a dyplexer. My finger is pointing to the sat port, do not remove the cable from this port it goes to the dish, switch the vhf/uhf and the in/out.

Where the in/out goes is where the reciever goes on the other end of the cable, in your case the new tv 1 location being the madter bed, that is the cable that needs to be on the in/out.

Your new tv2 location, in your case the living room, needs to be on the vhf/uhf side. .

If this doesnt fix the problem, call someone who knows what they are doing.

Attachments

• image-4170238027.png
    image-4170238027.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 366

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)