USB Powered Hub - Recommendations

asandova

Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
I've tried to search for a list of recommended USB Powered Hubs for my Dish 722K to connect the EHD and Sling Adapter. I had a D-Link but for some reason is not working anymore so I want to get a good one that is compatible with the 722K. Recommendations welcomed.

Medialink - High Speed 4-Port Powered USB 2.0 Hub with External Power Supply, at Amazon. It works for me, but can be overloaded if running too many things at once, I found this out while using Sling Adapter and turned up the speed on my Thermotake fan that cools my VIP722.
Dan

Thanks to Dirtydan & isaacmorseMI, I went with the Medialink, got it from Amazon and I'm back up running with my Sling Adapter but I found my EHD is not being recognized, it seems to be a faulty power supply based on other threads I've read so I ordered that and we'll see in a few days.

Thanks Lord Vader, I was not clear with my post, the Medialink USB Hub is working great, it came with the power supply. The issue I have now is that my EHD is not being recognized and by the DVR and by the way the EHD light is flashing and reading other posts it seems the EHD power supply is bad, so I ordedered a replacement power supply to see if that fix the issue. Maybe the issue was there before my previous USB Hub broke but I hadn't notice it.

I found a "Atomik" for $10/ea a while back, they are 10 port hubs, powered, with 3 USB chips in them. It seems that they went belly up, but I bought a bunch of them, and they're great with the 722K's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)