Remote Access

same here, noticed my 722 was down early last week but fixed with a 6191 reset connection. however the past few days 6191's didn't resolve the issue. guess its nothing wrong w/ my end then... those guys must be on vacation

I can still program an event but if I select "My DVR" I get this message...
I see what's on my DVRs as usual.
If you select "preferences" then "Receivers" on the remote access website are your receivers shown as "No Slingbox/Receiver settings" or just "Receiver Settings"?
Neither! All 3 show a button labeled "Slingbox/Receiver Settings." When clicking on a button, I see a greyed out overlay window saying "No Slingbox." Indeed I have none. One surprise on this screen is the addition of a little green TV1 box next to my 722. If that were to allow me to select TV2 instead, I would be delighted.

I see what's on my DVRs as usual. Neither! All 3 show a button labeled "Slingbox/Receiver Settings." When clicking on a button, I see a greyed out overlay window saying "No Slingbox." Indeed I have none. One surprise on this screen is the addition of a little green TV1 box next to my 722. If that were to allow me to select TV2 instead, I would be delighted.

My "no Slingbox" is no longer there and the DVR tab worked when it was. Are you still using the old page to access the system. The page that states it is going away soon? When I went to the new page and signed up is when my problems began. It was then that my "NoSlingbox" went missing.

One can only hope this is all because they are about to switch to something much better. A little advance notice would have been nice.

Hopefully that is the case, but they still have no excuse for breaking what was already working. Do they even have any sort of quality assurance department, or is that our function here at SatelliteGuys?

After over a week remote access to my 622 has started working again. We'll see how long it lasts.

NightRyder

Holy Crap! Mine is working too! I sent an email to the CEO office this am. Maybe they rattled a cage, but I doubt it.

Are you still using the old page to access the system. The page that states it is going away soon? When I went to the new page and signed up is when my problems began. It was then that my "NoSlingbox" went missing.
I click on the DISH Remote Access line. I see nothing about a page that's going away soon.
My 3 are all working again. The "Slingbox/Receiver Settings" is now back on the Preferences , Receivers page .
Congratulations! Probably all you guys and gals have DHCP on your internet accounts, and Dish didn't update their servers for a few weeks. ;) I've had a static IP for over 5 years.

I click on the DISH Remote Access line. I see nothing about a page that's going away soon.
Congratulations! Probably all you guys and gals have DHCP on your internet accounts, and Dish didn't update their servers for a few weeks. ;) I've had a static IP for over 5 years.

Sorry Krell,

Good hypothesis but I don't think that's what caused the problem. I just checked my DynDNS logs and I've had the same dynamic IP assigned from the cable company for the past 3 months. My cable company issues a dynamic IP with a lease time of 24 hours. So even if you reboot your modem or have a power failure, if your modem and router MAC reconnects within 24 hours you keep the same external IP address resulting, for all intents and purposes, as a static IP.

I just think you may have been lucky.

So why do I always get this on the Dish Network page:

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. We are actively working to resolve the issue and appreciate your patience. You may attempt to connect again in a few moments.

BACK Connect Again
This is the ONLY message I ever get when I try to go to the remote access page. I've tried this every couple of days for a month. I have done the DishCOMM set-up.

Finally. I've been annoyed with this problem for the past couple of weeks. I finally checked Sat Guys today to see if anyone else was having the same problem. And wouldn't you know it... it started working again. Both my receivers are accessible.

Chalk up one more that would not connect 2 days ago (& hadn't for weeks)... but is working fine again as of yesterday.

Remote access is now back online for me as well from both my PC and my Palm Pre. Now if only I could figure out how to always get my DVR to recognize the programs/movies I have stored on my external hard drive!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts