Remote Access

My HD DVR would not show up in the Remote Access section or the iPhone app until I added the receiver's wireless bridge's IP address to my firewall's do not block section. After that, everything has worked great. I was pulling my hair out until I saw that tip earlier in this thread.

All 3 of my receivers are showing up in Remote Access but only the one connected to the internet is showing my local channels. My HD receiver that is not connected to internet is showing WPIX HD eventhough I don't have the HD version (just the SD version). Any idea what I need to do (other than connect to internet) to get local channels to show up?

I have a home wired network using the homeplug in the 722K with a Netgear home network, using power lines in home. Will this work with 922 and slingbox. ?

Any idea what I need to do (other than connect to internet) to get local channels to show up?
None! Are you subscribed to locals? Are you referring to the locals supplied through Dish, or rather OTA? If OTA, have you scanned for locals on all 3 receivers? Is this a guide problem only on the Remote Access web page, or rather on the 2 affected receivers as well? Do you receive all the channels to which you subscribe, regardless of guide problems?

None! Are you subscribed to locals? Are you referring to the locals supplied through Dish, or rather OTA? If OTA, have you scanned for locals on all 3 receivers? Is this a guide problem only on the Remote Access web page, or rather on the 2 affected receivers as well? Do you receive all the channels to which you subscribe, regardless of guide problems?
It's a remote access problem. I subscribe to locals and they are in the guide on all 3 receivers and I am able to watch. They just are not on remote access webpage (and iPhone app).

Mine started working again after I called. No resolution on the phone, but later it all magically came together.

I am guessing that some accounts had some problems after their big network upgrade.

Ok guys I got a new router and my remote access problems are over. It works great and is a real good application. I can't wait to get a 922 now. One question though, I know this is an iphone app but what about for blackberries. Can you access remote access with a blackberry and what about accessing a slingbox with a blackberry?

I'm new to this. Only been trying to link my receivers for 3 days. Dish support and their web site both take the prize for suckethness. No help whatsoever. I can't even access my account on line and they keep referring me in circles between chat lines, email and an 888 number that hangs up if it answers at all. I downloaded the Mike Retzak app and it goes blank. I did see the receiver activated and entered the 7 digit code. Then it went squirrely.
BG

The remote access sometimes works and sometimes not. Try again, it may be a problem on Dish's end. On my iPhone, the first try seldom connects but if I quit and restart it, it works.

Can I ask a stupid question?

I've assumed that I should be able to play my DVR recording back through the Sling Remote iphone app, but can't. There's a play/pause button there, but it does nothing. I can only switch over to my Slingplayer and play through my slingbox within the Sling app.

Is the Sling Remote only for setting up timers and deleting media etc? If so, why do they give you a 'Watch' button and playback/shuttle controls? Only for playback on the TV? I have a remote control for that...just a bit befuddled. Perhaps this is what the new SlingGuide software is meant to do. But the interface of the DVR login/remote part of the existing app suggests functionality I've not yet been able to use.

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I did some searching and didn't see the answer--probably forest for the trees.

The dish app only controls the receiver, can't watch anything on it. The Slingbox app does what you want if you add a Slingbox to your DVR.
Slingbox.com - SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone

Gotcha--I'm running the SlingPlayer Mobile, but its the 'My DVR' functionilty that I find confusing. Isn't this the Remote software bundled into the SlingPlayer Mobile app--it seems to be, allowing management of the DVR contents? It suggests through buttons like 'Watch' when you browse the recordings on your DVR, that you can 'Watch' them, and control the media playback w/ the shuttle controls that then come up. I can switch over to the SlingPlayer controls and then stream content--but that doesn't change the fact that the interface design in 'MyDVR' suggests duplicate playback functionality. Make sense what is confusing/perplexing me?

Don't confuse the mobile app with the real thing.

My guess is that one app would have to hand off to another and I'm not sure the iPhone operating system sufficiently supports this kind of activity.

I have a 722 and hughesnet internet. my 722 has an ip address from the router but says "not connected" but I can see from the log on my router that is it accessing the internet. I have tried resetting everything and nothing works. Is this because I have hugheset?