Remote control code for Vizio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abaway

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
South Florida
:rant:How many years has Vizio been making televisions now? Why doesn't Directv have Vizio listed in the remote control setup in the receivers? I've seen many brands that I've never heard of, yet no Vizio.

I have used my Directv remotes with Vizio TVs for nearly 5 years and both my HR21 and HR24 list Vizio (I recall that some earlier firmware versions had it as VINC). Try 11758, 10864, 10885, 11499 or 11756.

Thanks for the codes. I got my tv set up manually with the code search, but just wondering why they don't show it in the receiver menu.

:rant:How many years has Vizio been making televisions now? Why doesn't Directv have Vizio listed in the remote control setup in the receivers? I've seen many brands that I've never heard of, yet no Vizio.

What recvr are you using ?

I'm asking because the HR24 remote is set up different than any I have ever used before.
You tell it what TV and Model and it finds everything from there. :cool:

There is no list of TV's, you type it in like the Smart Search. :D

Some old remotes like RC23 don't handle many, including Vizio.

New ones like RC64 / RC65 should do fine.

Vizio uses a very old codeset, every remote with tv list in the last 20 years has some kind of working code. Just use the Goldstar tv codes. As for the rc23 the codes are 10178 & 10056. only code 11758 will give access to the tv input command, that is only available in rc64 & rc65 remotes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts