Remote Control Device Setting

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
In the settings menu for the remote control device setting the DVD is set with a device. How can this device be deleted so it will say None?

I don't see a way to do that, Charles. You can change it to something else or put in a code that doesn't work for the device...
Thanks, that is what I discovered. Wish there was a way to return a remote to default settings. Probably classified information. :coco

I don't see a way to do that, Charles. You can change it to something else or put in a code that doesn't work for the device...
Does that happen when you set it at one time? On my H3, I've never touched that setting and it says "none" right now. As I recall, these remotes have occasionally done their own "software updates" - I wonder if that returns everything to defaults?

Does that happen when you set it at one time? On my H3, I've never touched that setting and it says "none" right now. As I recall, these remotes have occasionally done their own "software updates" - I wonder if that returns everything to defaults?
A DVD player is loaded in it now and I want it gone. No way to delete it I guess.

If you make it anything that doesn't exist in your setup nothing will happen if you press Aux. Then it doesn't matter what might be there.

Charles - just to clarify - I added a connected and working, Panasonic Blu-Ray DVD player.... added it, configured it, tried it, etc. Then I removed/unpaired the remote (there is only 1 remote connected currently) from the system. Then, after reconnecting it, the "DVD Player" Field shows "unknown, 0". Again - this is with a 40.0 remote, so I'm not sure if the other remotes would behave the same. I went back-and-forth with this several times just to make sure it wasn't some sort of anomaly.

Reactions: littlecloud319
Weird - I just did too .... I added a Bose audio system under "auxiliary device" (it showed up when I was finished). Then I unpaired the remote, and after re-pairing, it shows "unknown, 0". This is with a 40.0 remote, if that makes any difference.
Well you got a little further than I did. I will try unpairing again in the morning.

Tried manually unpairing, no luck. Unpaired and paired the remote to a Joey, no luck. I bet there is a secret procedure to set the remote back to default settings! :shh

Tried manually unpairing, no luck. Unpaired and paired the remote to a Joey, no luck. I bet there is a secret procedure to set the remote back to default settings! :shh
I would guess that there must be - strange though that it works for some but not for others.... actually, what am I saying?? We should be accustomed to that ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)