Remote Control is Going Crazy

bayzbol44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Carpentersville, IL
Everytime I press the volume up button a couple of times, the volume automatically keeps going up to the max output. Then the TV light stays red and it willl not allow me to do anything until I pull the batteries out. Then it is okay for a bit, but once I start using it for a while, the issue repeats itself.

How do I stop this from happening? I am using this on a VIP622.

IF I can't fix this, are there any good $20-$30 Universal remotes I can choose from at Best Buy that works well with this receiver? I say Best Buy because I would need one fast.

sounds like the button is getting stuck, you need a new remote, or take that one apart and clean it.

If you call DISH they will provide you with a new remote. If you do not have a warranty, point out that you have been a customer for many years, and if your billing is good, they will waive the cost.

Last edited:
Else - sign-up for DHPP before calling in the trouble report. I am a DHPP "member". I have had 2 remotes replaced at absolutely no cost to me. One phone call to Tech Support and the new remote arrives within 2 days...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts