Remote for TV2 (Blue) not sending reliable signals

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
OK... I know I saw something on this forum saying you can change the "channel" of the blue remote when interference is causing an unreliable signal. I have to stand on my head, stick out my tongue just right... and hit each button 5 times... but eventually, the 522 picks up the signal... there has GOT to be a better way...

Is it easy to explain how to change the frequency that the remote is using? Can you explain it here easily?

thanx.

It is in the manual and is easy.. i dont remember the exact steps off top of my head but..

you might also consider the antenna position. ive heard that it has a sweet spot depending on your location relative to the unit.

yeah... I'm at work and I don't have the manual here - I looked at the one online... its broken up into a lot of sections and I don't know which one... I looked at Ch 3, 4, 5... didn't see it... but its hard to read on the computer screen....

Ya know - you bring up a good point, though... the remote was working perfectly... then the other night I had a problem with my receiver and I was back there messing around... I'll bet I moved the antenna....

I think roughly its to push and hold the sat button. when all lights light up release, punch in number of channel... ie 04... hit pound #, and then hit Record. You have to be in the system info screen. I think tahts it. i dont remember exactly.

Yes, if you're in the system info screen and press record on the remote then the box learns the address. I guess on that screen it is listening for the record button on "any" address.

If you have a nearby neighbor with a Dish DVR you could leave yours on the sysinfo screen for a while, next time they record something you would learn their remote code because their button press would change your box.