remote not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Ajo AZ
The remote all of a sudden quite working the DVR but would work the tv after an hr on the phone trying everything with dtv they got me to buy the service contract for $5.95 mth and sent a tech out.The next day he came and replaced the remote and it worked until that pm and started working off and on .Called dtv and the whole thing again try this and that called 3 diff times that evening finally there going to send the tech back anyone have this happen to them I'm sure it's in the dvr.

It does sound like the dvr is the problem. Do you have another receiver/dvr you can try the remote on? BTW, punctuation works wonders.

The remote all of a sudden quite working the DVR but would work the tv after an hr on the phone trying everything with dtv they got me to buy the service contract for $5.95 mth and sent a tech out.The next day he came and replaced the remote and it worked until that pm and started working off and on .Called dtv and the whole thing again try this and that called 3 diff times that evening finally there going to send the tech back anyone have this happen to them I'm sure it's in the dvr.

I went HD in Dec. I have an LED HDTV with a HR24 receiver. Right away I had sporadic function of the new remote. Having 3 other SDtv's hooked up I have 4 RC65 remotes. I tried them all on the new TV and they all were sporadic. I read on DIRECTV's forum on their website that certain LED TV's if just set in the wrong setting will interfere with IR remote signal's. For years I've used the remote control signal senders made by RCA to send remote signals from my 3 bedroom TV's to the receiver. It sends RF signals(converting them to IR) from the cone in the bedroom to the cone by the receiver. All 3 worked perfectly with the new TV. I put a sender in my living room and point my remote at that and I have no more issue's. So either you have to go to a RF remote or a sender that will convert signal's to RF. It must be the LED backlight of your TV interfering with the IR remote signals. The remote control signal sender convert's IR signals to RF signals to be sent from room to room. My sender on the new HDTV in low and right by the receiver so the TV doesn't interfere with it. This works because the sender can be anyplace in the room and the receiver can be low and out of sight (by the receiver)of the TV's backlight.

Last edited:
Good points coconut10. Marg, have you replaced your tv recently? Is it an led lcd?

The tv is a 19in skyworth and it's less than 2yrs old,the tech is coming back this morning so will let you know what he does.I might add that it worked perfect last night even pointed it well away from the tv. and it worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)