Remote problems

Scroll down :)

In your link I did scroll down and saw the procedure to deprogram the remote for a 922. But what I met to say is, I thought that was the instructions to manually Pair the remote, not Un-Pair for the Hopper remote. I must of read the post incorrectly in the other thread.

In your link I did scroll down and saw the procedure to deprogram the remote for a 922. But what I met to say is, I thought that was the instructions to manually Pair the remote, not Un-Pair for the Hopper remote. I must of read the post incorrectly in the other thread.

Nah, that's how you un-pair

And to bump yet another ancient thread...

My 21.1 remote which I use with my Hopper 3 (works great)...well, I bought a new TV and had it installed a week ago. I programmed my remote so that it'll turn on/off my new TV - that was simple. But in the process, lost the ability to turn the volume on my Klipsch soundbar up/down/mute. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to operate my R-20B soundbar again? Thanks!

Reactions: charlesrshell

My 21.1 remote which I use with my Hopper 3 (works great)...well, I bought a new TV and had it installed a week ago. I programmed my remote so that it'll turn on/off my new TV - that was simple. But in the process, lost the ability to turn the volume on my Klipsch soundbar up/down/mute. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to operate my R-20B soundbar again? Thanks!

If you put the 21.1 in AUX mode will it operate the soundbar volume?

Reactions: charlesrshell

It's a process.
You can use the learning feature. The part at the bottom will be what you're looking for if hitting the Aux button works the AVR. This is for the Polk but works with any AVR

• If you are programming a 20.0 or 21.1 remote to the Polk Cinema Soundbar, you have to use learning mode to program the remote
  • This means that the Polk Audio remote that comes with the soundbar must be present to successfully complete the following steps
    • Place both the DISH remote and the Polk remote on a flat, stable surface
    • Press and hold the AUX button until all the mode buttons light up
    • Press and hold Record
    • Point the front of the Polk remote to face the small square (IR Window) on the front, left-side of the DISH remote. The remotes must be within 4” of each other
    • Press the button you want to teach on the DISH remote
    • Press and hold the button on the Polk remote that you want the DISH remote to learn
    • The DISH remote has learned the command when the AUX button turns off then back on
    • Repeat steps four and five of this process until the DISH remote is programmed
    • Press SAT to save the commands.
    • Note that if 20 seconds passes without any buttons being pushed on the DISH remote, then all commands taught will be erased and you will have to start over again
  • Controlling Volume – Follow these steps to control the volume from SAT mode
    • Press and hold the AUX mode button until all the mode buttons light up
    • Press # then Volume Up then 0 then #
    • If the AUX button blinks three times then the remote is set to control volume on the AUX device

It's a process.
You can use the learning feature. The part at the bottom will be what you're looking for if hitting the Aux button works the AVR. This is for the Polk but works with any AVR

• If you are programming a 20.0 or 21.1 remote to the Polk Cinema Soundbar, you have to use learning mode to program the remote
  • This means that the Polk Audio remote that comes with the soundbar must be present to successfully complete the following steps
    • Place both the DISH remote and the Polk remote on a flat, stable surface
    • Press and hold the AUX button until all the mode buttons light up
    • Press and hold Record
    • Point the front of the Polk remote to face the small square (IR Window) on the front, left-side of the DISH remote. The remotes must be within 4” of each other
    • Press the button you want to teach on the DISH remote
    • Press and hold the button on the Polk remote that you want the DISH remote to learn
    • The DISH remote has learned the command when the AUX button turns off then back on
    • Repeat steps four and five of this process until the DISH remote is programmed
    • Press SAT to save the commands.
    • Note that if 20 seconds passes without any buttons being pushed on the DISH remote, then all commands taught will be erased and you will have to start over again
  • Controlling Volume – Follow these steps to control the volume from SAT mode
    • Press and hold the AUX mode button until all the mode buttons light up
    • Press # then Volume Up then 0 then #
    • If the AUX button blinks three times then the remote is set to control volume on the AUX device
Thanks for the steps! I'll give it a try and report back! :)

Of course if you had a 40 remote you probably wouldn't consider using a 20 or 21 remote. :)
Yes and no. In my case my entire A/V setup is base on using an IR only universal remote, plus all of my A/V devices other than the Hopper is IR only. So I had to enable a 20.1 remote with the Hopper to train my universal remote to control the Hopper.

So, while a bit more usual, reasons to us a 20 remote do exist.

May I ask why you're using the old remote, and not the newer version?

I never knew you could get an old 21 to pair with a Hopper....
Well, it's a long story, but to keep it short;

I prefer my Pronto Pro programmable universal remote to the remote that came with my Hopper 3, and that remote won't "talk" to my Pronto Pro (I'm guessing it's UHF), so, since the 21 works with my Hopper 3 and talks to my Pronto Pro, I use it instead as I'm 1) used to it and 2) it talks to my Pronto Pro as it's IR and I use my Pronto Pro most of the time.

Tried the instructions HipKat posted and so far, even though the AUX button has behaved as he stated, it's not working with the soundbar. Even did the controlling it from SAT mode - nothing works.

Oddly, when I re-paired the H3 remote to the H3, it controls the soundbar just fine, no problem, but it won't turn the TV on/off (puzzling). So, using the Klipsch remote with the soundbar is a bit of a pain when I'm not using my Pronto Pro. The Pronto Pro operates the soundbar just fine too.

You also have to enable the Infrared Reception preference in the Remote Control Settings. And you have to use the 54.0 UHF remote that came with the hopper to get to that setting page; an IR remote won’t get there.
That's not true. When you try to use an IR remote, you'll get a popup asking if you want to enable IR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)