Remote problems

Castiel0622

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
United States
Hey guys! New to the forums, I got home today from a trip out of the country and noticed that my remote doesn't work anymore. The first thing I did was grab my universal remote and see if that worked and it does. I changed the batteries in the hopper remote and it still doesn't work. I went into the menu then remote manager and it says sorry this device is not supported by the remote manager. The only thing I can do on the hopper remote is change the volume on my home theater system. I pressed the SAT button several time without any success.....any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply, I changed the batteries and stood right next to the hopper, opened the system info menu and pressed the sat button and it didn't work. Tried holding down the sat button too.....nothing. I went into the remote manager and it says sorry this device is not supported by the remote manager

Take the batteries back out.. When you first put the batteries back in.. All four of the lights at the top should start to blink for a couple of seconds.. If they don't. Something is wrong with the remote..

Reactions: That American Girl
I had trouble pairing a remote to Hopper but got it to work by putting the remote on top of the receiver (within 10" of the receiver's antenna) during the pairing process.

The "remote manager not supported" is in reference to the remote that issued the last command to the Hopper, in this case the universal remote. Remote manager won't help anyway until the remote is paired.

I had trouble pairing a remote to Hopper but got it to work by putting the remote on top of the receiver (within 10" of the receiver's antenna) during the pairing process.

The "remote manager not supported" is in reference to the remote that issued the last command to the Hopper, in this case the universal remote. Remote manager won't help anyway until the remote is paired.

Yeah I tried that still not working

Try manually unpairing it and try to re-pair.

If that's the hold sat, hold recall and zero, press volume up, press stop it doesn't work. I searched and tried everything. I've reset receivers, all other remotes will pair and unfair fine. All batteries are good. Nothing works. Apparently this had broken the remote. The lights work when you press a button and the TV volume works. Just no beeps on pairing.

Try manually unpairing it and try to re-pair.

lucky86, can you again provide the manual instructions to un-pair the remote? I know you posted it somewhere before but can't find it right now. Forgot to print it for future reference. I have your instructions to manually pair the remote. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)