Remote Questio

bluegrassboy75

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 15, 2013
Paragould, AR
My mother-in-law has a 211 receiver in her living room with a 20.1 remote that went out. The only replacement in her town without having to order one is a 21.1 Will that remote work or should I order one for her?

With the green tab facing up it should work as an IR remote just make sure the address matches her receiver. On the sys. info screen press the red record button.

My mother-in-law has a 211 receiver in her living room with a 20.1 remote that went out. The only replacement in her town without having to order one is a 21.1 Will that remote work or should I order one for her?
Hey there, Bluegrassboy75. That particular remote is actually quite neat, it is both an IR and UHF remote. As long as the bottom tab is Green with a number 1 on it or Just completely black, it will work with your receiver. One other thing you'll want to make sure is enabled, is that on the back next to the battery compartment you will see a small white switch, make sure it's pointing up towards IR. Then follow regualr programming steps and you'll be good to go!