Remote Signal is Posessed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PWP

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Hi there - searched the boards & can't find anything about this topic...

Got the HDDVR-700 installed yesterday. Installer had problems receiving all HD channels, HOB/etc, & had to do several reboots & reactivations. I didn't stay in the room to see what all happened - he was here almost 3 hours.

But when he left & I tried the remote (RC-24) & entering numbers of the channels - the remote stuttered. 229 entered as 2222222, up channel button created the guide, select doesn't select, etc, etc., 3 hours of this insanity.

I used the box & reset the remote, several times, but no luck. I tried another remote (RC23) but it did the same thing, so I know now that it's not the remote.

Even if I point it 4" from the sensor, it doesn't work. Can there be any setting on the unit that causes this keystroke stutter/abort/misfire/delay? Keeps jumping to the game channel & 110 channel. IT IS POSSESSED!

IR/RF setting didn't change the receipt of the signal - bizarre results no matter what I tried.

I thought maybe an overnight rest would help it sync up, but it's still the same this am.

Any ideas on this problem?

Thanks!

boba - I did call directv & they had no idea what was wrong & are sending another remote

Edmund - I did think of that issue & took every remote out of the room. Even took the cordless phone out with no luck. The RC23 worked perfect on the old HD box, but on this one it is posessed.

I'm thinking it's the sensor in the box - there is no cellophane or gunk on the red dot to interfere with the signal.

PWP

I was assuming that the red dot you referred to was the red LED. If it is also the sensor, then I'll put this info in storage about the HR20s.

Your state your remote is a "RC-24", and then later state that it is a "RC23". Which is it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts