Remote, slow connection to ViP722?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Would it be possible to use Sling equipment (or anything else) to connect via 3G to view my home ViP722 recordings on a laptop? Where we camp, we only get maybe 750 kbs to 1.5 Mbs. Would the laptop be able to store the slowly transferred program for later viewing? Or you only get "live" viewing? I've never paid much attention to Sling because I felt it would never appeal to me. And I'd never watch a movie on my iPhone.

If this was in any way possible, I'd like to connect that laptop with data dongle to a 26" HDTV in our camper.

navychop said:
Would it be possible to use Sling equipment (or anything else) to connect via 3G to view my home ViP722 recordings on a laptop? Where we camp, we only get maybe 750 kbs to 1.5 Mbs. Would the laptop be able to store the slowly transferred program for later viewing? Or you only get "live" viewing? I've never paid much attention to Sling because I felt it would never appeal to me. And I'd never watch a movie on my iPhone.

If this was in any way possible, I'd like to connect that laptop with data dongle to a 26" HDTV in our camper.

Yes. You can get a sling adapter from dish and it will allow you to connect to your 722 from your laptop. Go here first and check that your home Internet connection and laptop meet the requirements. http://www.dishnetwork.com/tveverywhere/slingadapter/requirements/default.aspx

The recordings are streamed to your laptop. They are not transferred to your laptop. Hope this helps you!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

YEP! :D Grandfathered! :D:D And yesterday, I became a grandfather! :D:D:D:clap:heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)