Remote switch on dual DVR Help

Broge6

Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
I have a 625 DVR w/ Dish Network. I bought an HD tv, and had a guy come out (freelance) and hook up my antenna so that:
TV1 - is in the bedroom with the receiver and IR remote
TV2 - is the HD tv in the living room w/ UHF remote and antenna

I have a setup where I have one cable coming out of the wall to each tv, so the receiver works both sets and antenna comes over same cable. The Dish works on channel 3 and other channels are OTA.

My problem is that when he finished, (I can't reach him now) TV1 with the IR remote works in the living room and TV2 is in the bedroom with the receiver and uses the UHF remote.

I have to walk from the living room to direct view of the receiver in the bedroom to use the remote. I have tried remote settings and switching the cables on the back of the receiver, but no luck yet.

Can someone help?

Broge5

You should probably ask this question (if you haven't already) in the Dish Network Forum? I don't have a 625, so I no nothing of it? I have a VIP622 and there is a way you can change the remote codes to switch to the other or use as the same. I made mine to use the same, so I can use the remote from 2 different locations, and I'm not watching different programming. So, I need only one to watch (from where ever) and the other side is used for recording, along with recording from over the air. I'm only interested in the HD. Like I said, I don't know if the 625 is an HD DVR or not. But, the 622 has only one out for the HD and the other out is SD. If your receiver isn't an HD DVR, then I guess it wouldn't matter? I don't use the coaxual outputs, but I think one is for channel 3-4 and the other is for any channel from 22-65 (or something like that). I'm sure you'll get more help in the Dish Network Forum, give them a chance? Good Luck!

Al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)