Remote troubles on TV2 UHF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonBlack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Lowcountry, SC
We have a 722 and 322 receiver. The 322 remotes work great on both TV1 IR and TV2 UHF. The 722 works fine on TV1 using IR remotes but we've had issues with TV2's UHF remote for awhile.

It's almost non-responsive and very sluggish. I've tried changing remotes, batteries, repositioning the UHF antennae and nothing seems to work.

I have two options that I still need to try. 1) Raise the UHF antennae higher up in the room. 2) Try to change the UHF remote address. I can't seem to change the address for the remote. Any tips on how to change the remote.

Also, I have 6.0 UHF remotes. I think the have 6.3's with the 722 but for some reason I have a 6.0. Does this matter?

Any other suggestions?

If possible, extend the uhf antenna to the tv2 location. you will need 2 splitters and a few jumpers. At the receiver, hook the 1st splitter up like the seperator is hooked up, Tv2, and UHF antenna both going into the outputs of the splitter, and the input of the splitter goes to the diplexer. At the tv2 location, take the cable from the tv to the input of the splitter, on the outputs of the splitter put the antenna on one side and a jumper to the tv on the other side of the splitter. Hope you understand the way I worded it and hope it helps.

Amazingly after dealing with this issue for a couple of years I was able to solve this. I needed to raise the UHF antennae a good bit higher up than it was. I had to make a coax cable to get it higher but it works.

Diagram for Antenna Hook-up

If possible, extend the uhf antenna to the tv2 location. you will need 2 splitters and a few jumpers. At the receiver, hook the 1st splitter up like the seperator is hooked up, Tv2, and UHF antenna both going into the outputs of the splitter, and the input of the splitter goes to the diplexer. At the tv2 location, take the cable from the tv to the input of the splitter, on the outputs of the splitter put the antenna on one side and a jumper to the tv on the other side of the splitter. Hope you understand the way I worded it and hope it helps.

Do you have a diagram for this hook up. I have raised my antenna above the entertainment center, but TV2 remote (6.3) still only works when it feels like it. So I want to move antenna to the same room as TV2. Thanks. Peter.

Do you have a diagram for this hook up. I have raised my antenna above the entertainment center, but TV2 remote (6.3) still only works when it feels like it. So I want to move antenna to the same room as TV2. Thanks. Peter.

Yeah you need the "Pig tail" splitter trick...

Here is a diagram I made up a while back.. You need two splitters to do this - also the spots where it says diplexors you can skip those if you don't have it and you've just got a line going out the back of the box to TV2 straight shot.

pigtail.jpg

i got on my laptop and made a diagram using paint.. maybe it'll help explain, as a supliment to the reply that beat me to the punch..

Attachments

• splitter trick.jpg
    splitter trick.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 190
dahenny said:
If you bothered to click on the "extend range" tab, like I stated, you'd have seen several diagrams of the so called splitter trick. :rolleyes:

However, the above diagrams are just fine.

I appologize. I didnt read your whole post just saw the link and then a diagram to the remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)