Remote with Vizio sound bar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolf29

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
NJ
Hi. I have a directv remote, RC72, and a Vizio soundbar. The remote control the volume just fine but can’t get it to turn on or off the sound bar.

I can just leave the sound bar on but was wondering if there’s a way to have it power on and off with the remote?

Thanks

Hi. I have a directv remote, RC72, and a Vizio soundbar. The remote control the volume just fine but can’t get it to turn on or off the sound bar.

I can just leave the sound bar on but was wondering if there’s a way to have it power on and off with the remote?

Thanks
:welcome to Satelliteguys wolf29!
I have the same issue. The RC72 won't turn the Vizio on or off.

Does the Soundbar your using connect HDMI? if so turn on Hdmi control in the TV settings and when you power off the TV the sound bar will turn on/off- If not then your stuck using the remote for the sound bar

Does the Soundbar your using connect HDMI? if so turn on Hdmi control in the TV settings and when you power off the TV the sound bar will turn on/off- If not then your stuck using the remote for the sound bar
I forgot about CEC control since my Vizio sound bar doesn't have an hdmi input.

No HDMI connection. Just a coaxial from sound bar to directv genie. I’ll have to use it as is until such time I get a new sound bar.

No on / off that I know of. I have a Vizio soundbar and I just leave it on. They go into standby mode if there's no signal going to them.

Didn’t know that but I just noticed after last night that it does goes into sleep mode as you said so it’s all good. As long as I can control volume, which I can, it works for me.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

For Wolf29 - you said you had a coax cable running from the sound bar to the Genie. Are you referring to the Digital Audio out RCA connector on the Genie mini?

I have the HR54 genie so don’t know if that’s considered a mini or if the mini is the little client box I have in other rooms but the soundbar is connected to main genie/dvr.

There’s no HDMI option out of the soundbar so can only use a cable.

iirc the rc series of remotes in general wont power anything other than the genie/mini. they rely on hdmi/cec commands to power other devices. read this someplace, but cant recall where

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)