Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Like FTA4PA said, give us more info. Also what kind of setup do you have? Dishes, etc? What programming do you watch?

If you think the remote may be faulty you can test it to make sure it is putting out infrared light using a digital camera. Turn on the camera, point the remote at the camera lens and press the buttons on the remote. You should see flashes of light on the camera screen if it is working. No flashes of light means bad/weak batteries or bad remote.

If you think the remote may be faulty you can test it to make sure it is putting out infrared light using a digital camera. Turn on the camera, point the remote at the camera lens and press the buttons on the remote. You should see flashes of light on the camera screen if it is working. No flashes of light means bad/weak batteries or bad remote.

I have the viewsat max hd receiver but it looks like the remote is for the viewsat 2000 extreme
If you use the 'camera test' and find your remote is functioning but will not control the receiver then it is probably not compatible. I checked and Harmony remotes can be programmed to control a Viewsat Max HD so you may want to try one of those. :)

Ok
If you use the 'camera test' and find your remote is functioning but will not control the receiver then it is probably not compatible. I checked and Harmony remotes can be programmed to control a Viewsat Max HD so you may want to try one of those. :)
ok thank you. Could you tell me where I could order one from?

Ok

ok thank you. Could you tell me where I could order one from?
You can find them at Best Buy, Amazon, eBay, etc starting at around $30 and going up from there depending on features. If you are ok with a used one you may get it for less on eBay. New or used, just enter Harmony Remote as a search term and go from there. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts