remotely control my 4 foot dish motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
Ok I have been a member here for a bit but mostly a reader. Heres the deal my property is too wooded and not in an ideal location for FTA reception. I have a 4 foot channel master dish with the polar mount and motor. I also have a BUD with everything I need. Now I have the ability to use a wireless LAN (commercial grade stuff on 5.6 gig) to set one of these dishes up with a FTA receiver that goes into a PC. So I can connect to this PC watch what I want. Problem is how do I control these dishes remotely??? I know if I had one of those small H-H motors that wouldnt be an issue. Any help here guys???

Bob

uhh

Uhh I may have answer my own question, by reading some more, but a v-box 2 sounds like the ticket. B/c I need to be able to have everything work from a remote location. I would love to hear the input!

If the dish has an actuator & polar mount, the VBox II will work so you can control the dish with a regular DVB box or PC card

thanks

This will just control my east to west posistions correct? I will have to change polarity via the software correct...unlike a pansat with a say 36" dish.

I am currently looking at the DVB world box.

does the LNB have 3 wires coming off of it (red white black)?

if it does, then you would need an analog box to change polarity

If its a regualr LNB then the reciever controls the polarity

Well what I have on this kaul-tronics 7 footer is two lnbs from what I can tell one is a norsat 6600a (KU) and the other is a calamp 140078 (c band I assume). Both of them are mounted to a Chapparrel and those wires you mention appear to go into a blue box.

Am I better off taking the whole unit off and getting the C/ku unit that is sold by sadoun?...I thought I read in the review that there were some issues with KU operation.

My goal is to use the DVB world box and be able to control the whole operation thru an internet link I will have. The operation will be operated completly remotely and I want to go with a c/ku FTA setup just to be able to view more channels.

Thanks Iceberg for your replys, your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
One other thing I forgot to mention, Would it be better proformance wise to get a diseqc setup my 4 foot solid channel master for Ku and then setup my 7 footer for dedicated C? I would use a vbox ii to control them

It might be better, it seems like plenty of people have trouble tweaking Ku on a BUD. At any rate, having an extra one meter dish won't hurt, and should help you tweak the BUD if you decide to try it with Ku band. Do you have a Corotor II?

there is a box floating about to control a BUD arm (the 3 wired one) with DiSEqC commands through your FTA box. It'll also change your V/H if you have an old rotor.

I'd suggest a new LNB in that case though, a nice C/Ku low temp design will make getting a good picture easier.

ku for now

I think just for now and to get things going. I am just going to setup ku only on my 1.2m. Once I have things how I like them I will setup the 7 footer for dedicated c band reception. I'll post some pictues when I'm done with all of this outta be interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)