remotes quit working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donwylie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
dallas texas
I have 2 identical H20-600 receivers and the remotes on both quit working today at the same time. They still both will control their TV functions sound power etc, but nothing on the receiver. I called D* tech support and they are sending me 2 new remotes, but I can't believe that both would stop working at the same time.
I was watching TV in the den and had been changing channels previously and then nothing.
Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
thanks
Don

I changed them back to IR and they both started working. Must be a problem with the RF.
Thanks for the hint on what to look for..45 minutes with D* tv support didn't fix it, so you should get a job working for them hehe..

Thanks
Don

I changed them back to IR and they both started working. Must be a problem with the RF.
Thanks for the hint on what to look for..45 minutes with D* tv support didn't fix it, so you should get a job working for them hehe..

Thanks
Don

Don,
Brewer will probably be insulted by your offer to work for thier CSR 's , I know I would.
Anyway, does your H20-600 have the internal or external antenna for the RF ?
If it's the external, try moving it some, possibly got blocked by another item in the way.

Jimbo

Now that the infrared is working you should be able to switch it back to RF. Something may have just got reset. I had similar issues with phone over power line devices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Next CE is Friday

DIRECTV Adds New HD Channels for Fall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)