Removing BB@H

I should be able to cancel and go back to all the channels I had before subscribing.
Let's see, before "subscribing" to BB@H you had Platinum which included certain channels. Now you've "subscribed" to BB@H which costs exactly the same, includes the same channels, and includes sending you a disc in the mail.

I don't understand the complaint, just empty your queue and send the last disc back if you don't want the disc-by-mail service anymore but still want the channels.

That statement makes you suspect as being part of the reason for all these BB@Home complaints. Maybe BB@Home needs to have a penalty for not returning disks in a timely manner. Some people need to have a fire lit to their butt or they will just take advantage of a "good" thing and make it miserable for others. They don't care. I think late charges are a good thing but then with mail order, these types would try to claim "lost in the mail." Fraud is a justified way of life. I will refrain from what I really think.

Sorry you're having trouble receiving disks. I will refrain from replying to your asinine comment that not getting around to watching a disc is tantamount to "fraud". ;)

Better luck in the future.

your asinine comment that not getting around to watching a disc is tantamount to "fraud".
:D I was referring to claiming the disk got lost in the mail is fraudulent excuse, not for failing to return the disk in a timely and courteous manner. ;) ;) Not that YOU would ever do anything like that, but according to my letter carrier, many many people do. The lost disk claims is especially high for both Netflix and BB as opposed to other types of mail.

After weighing the pluses and minuses of the BB@Home service, I have decided to cancel it as soon as I return the one they claim is in transit. I will delete all my queue, immediately. I don't like feeling I am being scammed and this seems like it is just that. For what it does it is not worth the anxiety and I will feel much happier just having Netflix and BlockBuster Movie Pass( store version). I gave it a fair try and paid my way, nothing free for me like some of you get. Dish Network wins some and loses some. The 722K, sling adapter, and ext hard drive and twin OTA tuners is a fantastic center piece in my home theater but this BB@Home Mail disk is just pure junk, almost like they want it to fail.

Last edited:
A lot of mail carriers probably have a nice dvd collection at their homes. :D Just kidding, if you are a mail carrier, please do not jump on me.

A lot of mail carriers probably have a nice dvd collection at their homes. :D Just kidding, if you are a mail carrier, please do not jump on me.

Not me but one in the immediate family for almost 20 years. I was surprised at how knowledgeable he is about BB and Netflix envelopes, frequency of delivery to different homes, ratio between the two and how they are processed. He also told me what the piece rate was for Netflix but I forgot. It was pretty low. They have a good deal with the USPS. I suggested that about letter carriers theft and he said there is way too much oversight and tracking for that and if you're caught you go to Federal Prison. More likely is that the letter carrier will deliver to the wrong house and the recipient just keeps the disk.

We have had no major problems with the mail disc system so far. One scratched disc, jut watched it and sent it back. The last disc we received came with the wrong side of the disc package opened, but the disc was fine and played without a problem. I don't suspect the mail because i dropped a disc in the mail on Monday and got the disc in question on Wednesday. We have close to 30 discs in our queu and all are from the top 100 rental list, but no blockbusters and few new releases. Our turn around time has been stellar and we have enjoyed the disc through the mail as a bonus because we had platinum previously.

More likely is that the letter carrier will deliver to the wrong house and the recipient just keeps the disk.

Yeah, I get junk mail from my neighbors up and down my street all the time that was addressed to me. I wouldn't be susprised, if a neighbor would keep a disc that they received by mistake.

We have had no major problems with the mail disc system so far. One scratched disc, jut watched it and sent it back. The last disc we received came with the wrong side of the disc package opened, but the disc was fine and played without a problem. I don't suspect the mail because i dropped a disc in the mail on Monday and got the disc in question on Wednesday. We have close to 30 discs in our queu and all are from the top 100 rental list, but no blockbusters and few new releases. Our turn around time has been stellar and we have enjoyed the disc through the mail as a bonus because we had platinum previously.

I think your comments about "no blockbusters and few new releases" is one key. If you can wait a few weeks (and if you can't why didn't you see it in theaters, LOL) then the service seems to work a lot better. If you want all new releases the day they come out, that can be a problem for any service depending on demand and available stock. That's probably why you and I both get such good service.

I think your comments about "no blockbusters and few new releases" is one key. If you can wait a few weeks (and if you can't why didn't you see it in theaters, LOL) then the service seems to work a lot better. If you want all new releases the day they come out, that can be a problem for any service depending on demand and available stock. That's probably why you and I both get such good service.

I really wanted to stay out of this thread since I don't have Dish, but I do have Netflix and the only things I have in my queue are new releases (all Blu-rays also) and they have never failed to send me out a disc, they mail the disc(s) out on Monday, I get them on Tuesday(just received War Horse today for example).

So it looks to me if Blockbuster (Dish) wanted to make their service better all they would have to do is order more discs, if Netflix can do it so can BB, but it looks to me based on the threads and posts here they have no plans on doing that, Dish has now had plenty of time to increase their orders and yet things are getting worse.

I agree they could do better. However, I have had new releases on a fairly regular basis. I don't get bent out of shape if I don't get a new release or the top pick in my queue, while it appears some do. I know some people say they can't get anything at all shipped and I have no reason to doubt them. Yet, that is not my experience.

My comment above was that people need to realize it makes no financial sense for any business to buy a ton of new releases so that everyone gets the movie the first week but then in a few months nobody wants to watch it at all. I don't think Dish intends to be like Netflix...sure they have targeted them in some ads to get new subs, but the truth is that this Blockbuster program isn't Netflix and never will be.

I don't disagree with anything you posted, just saying that those who expect a new release every Tuesday aren't being reasonable in my opinion. Like I said, if the movie is that important, they should have watched it in a theater. Truthfully, I'd hate to think my life revolved around getting a specific movie every Tuesday...but that's just me. ;)

Now those who have a decent sized queue of available titles and still get nothing shipped, that is a whole different story...and a very legit gripe.

I had Netflix when it first came out and it was terrible back then too. But it went from bad to better to excellent in a very short period of time. With a budgeted income I made some choices back then and cancelled it. I tried BB mail order DVD too and it was worse than Netflix. It was a free one month trial offer and I cancelled. Two years ago someone here convinced me I should try Netflix again since my BB Store was closing the future looked grim. I was amazed at how the service improved and with the streaming service it was revolutionary. What a bargain! I bought stock in the company and made a very healthy chunk of money in Netflix.
As I have stated elsewhere, my interest in BB@Home was 3D titles and the in store exchange was an added bonus. I was hopeful and excited. BUT, unfortunately I discovered the service stinks! Very few 3D titles and you can't do an in store exchange unless they first send you a mailed disk that you can exchange. Dish intentionally throttles my mailed disks to 2 per month here and that is, IMO, how I'm being ripped off. It's the reason why I claim this program is a scam.

People who got it free don't understand. But for those who paid extra for this we are getting scammed and ripped off. Is it Dish's fault? I think it is to a minor part but objectively, it appears it is the result of poor distribution centers in certain locations. What Dish needs to do at certain centers is send in a member of management from the main office to shake things up, fire some management and get new people in who will perform. If they aren't doing this then Dish Network is part of the problem too. There can't be a Dish Network policy to scam the customers because some centers in other parts of the country are satisfying the customers.

just saying that those who expect a new release every Tuesday aren't being reasonable in my opinion.

I agree with that. In my case I add titles to my queue that I want to watch, not what I feel they will be able to send because nobody else wants those and I haven't a clue what those titles are. If I have thirty titles I want to watch, with none of them new releases, and I get #29 first, that is fine with me. With that many up there there should be no reason to make me wait for 2 weeks to send out a new title especially when 7 are listed as available "now" and the rest, "a short wait".

Been with BB@H for three months. I return all disc to my local store. So far,BB has mailed me a disc on the day after I return a disc every time. The first month they came from Houston to Pensacola, but now all are coming from Atlanta. They mostly take two days, but BB 's email states to allow three days. Once the disc took four days. I reported it on day three and on day four they mailed me a replacement disc. So I got the same disc twice. Next time I will wait until day four before reporting it, to be sure it is not just slow mail. Even at this rate I average 12 disc per month. Not bad for first run movies at no extra cost over what I was paying for the Platinum package anyway.

Took a few days for them to acknowledge receipt of my last returned disk but got the e-mail today. Didn't waste time and called DishNetwork and cancelled the service. No hassle, and the call was quick. Lowers my bill by $13 a month.

So still trying to figure out the advantage to even having this service. I won't dump it because I don't want to lose HD programming but will never order discs, so what is the big deal?

I no longer order discs, but am happy with the Blockbuster package itself. Still worth the money no matter if you use the disc program or not.

And oddly, I, who had no interest in discs by mail, am now ordering them (SG-1) and am quite happy with the service.

I am enjoying the blockbuster service, I guess it helps that I have a blockbuster very close to my home. I even have recieved a video game by mail as well. DVD's usually come in two days. I usually time the DVDs so that on the weekend I am doing the in store exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)