Feb 2, 2007
This is my setup:

Blockbuster@Home - 1 Disc $10.00
America's Top 250 $69.99
HD 250 $10.00
DVR Service $6.00
Protection Plan $6.00
HD DVR Receiver $10.00

If I remove BB@H, will I lose any HD channels? I originally was HD Plat at $20 a month, but then it got broken out to what you see above once BB@H came about. I don't really need/use BB@H, so I was thinking of removing it. But I don't want to lose HD channels too.

yes you will lose your Platinum HD channels too...

I have given up on Blockbuster @HOME... 5 DISCS in my QUEUE for over 2 months and still not a disc. so I guess I won't order any more but I will keep my HD channels and BB@HOME VOD stuff. :)

I have given up on Blockbuster @HOME... 5 DISCS in my QUEUE for over 2 months and still not a disc. so I guess I won't order any more but I will keep my HD channels and BB@HOME VOD stuff. :)

Wow. What are the discs? New releases or something old and obscure?

I have no problem getting something from my queue as soon as I return the previous disc.

Why are you paying the HD250 $10? HD is free with dish with either auto pay and paperless billing, OR a one time charge of I think $99.

Just make it clear, Platinum was $10 not $20. Also, nothing was "broken out" just the opposite, the channels from Platinum were combined into a package that gets you the free movies/games by mail and streaming BB movies, all for the same $10. If you don't use the added features you certainly don't have to, but if you watch the channels just keep the package. You are NOT paying anymore than you did before for those channels.

Scott you are not the only one to say that, but I have to say over the last two months I have received many/most of the discs in my queue, including True Grit and Tower Heist, both relatively new and received this month, both were only in my queue for a couple of weeks. The only movie that was in my queue that sat for over a month was Midnight In Paris, Amazon had a great deal on it, so just bought it instead. These are Blu-ray btw... Maybe my luck will run out but so far I have really enjoyed the free rentals.

I have had 16 disc since Jan 19th. All recent releases including Hugo the day after it was released. I have 33 in my queue and 19 of those are available NOW. All mine ship the first day after I return a disc.

Scott, what do you have in your que. Games or BluRay ONLY?

Guess I will keep it. Thanks. I do use it for PS3 game as I use netflix for movies, but the games don't mean that much to me since I don't really have time to play them. But I don't want to lose channels.

I am glad you will be keeping the Blockbuster@Home but I would seriously consider losing the HD250 charge of $10.00 a month like Tampa8 suggested. If you would like my assistance, please PM your account information and I will see what I can do.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Same here I have a dozen new releases in my que and all say short wait or longer

Nothing has shipped in two weeks

I have 37 in my queue and all are released since November 2011. I got Hugo the day after it was released and The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo the day it was released. Over half the dvds in my queue are listed as "NOW" available. I ask Scott AGAIN, what are the five disc in your queue?

I have 37 in my queue and all are released since November 2011. I got Hugo the day after it was released and The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo the day it was released. Over half the dvds in my queue are listed as "NOW" available. I ask Scott AGAIN, what are the five disc in your queue?

This simulates my experience also. No problem getting discs to ship. A fair number of new releases have shipped, and it has been easy to get them in-store exchange for the ones that didn't. Of course, I keep 30-40 titles in my queue at all times, as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again...if you only have a small number of new release titles in your queue why would you even pay for a subscription service? (And yes, I know it is technically "free" with the old Platinum channel line up since I had it then also). But Redbox would be a much more efficient solution for just a few new release titles.

here's is my queue

I keep an average of 30 titles in my queue. I get 1-2 disks a month but the titles I want to watch range from NOW to long wait and 4 are unavailable. I don't understand why they can advertise a title and then say it is unavailable. In many states that is considered deceptive advertising and is illegal. I prefer the 3D titles but I have had 3D selections sent to me as 2D which was disappointing when they arrive. Might as well of received a damaged disk which I have had 2 so far.

I am considering canceling but now I see that one HD channel I got before signing up for BB@Home is listed now as one in that list. It is HD Net Movies. I've been getting that for years and now, if I cancel, I understand they will take that channel away. Tricks like this are punitive and make the process seem like a scam. I should be able to cancel and go back to all the channels I had before subscribing. Hopefully, I'm wrong on this.

I beginning to see a pattern. (someone may already have, but i am slow). It seems anyone with DVD's are getting the movies at a very fast pace and anyone with Bluray movies are taking forever. All of my movies are short waits or very long waits and i have only received one movie the day it was released on Bluray and that was capt america.

I beginning to see a pattern. (someone may already have, but i am slow). It seems anyone with DVD's are getting the movies at a very fast pace and anyone with Bluray movies are taking forever. All of my movies are short waits or very long waits and i have only received one movie the day it was released on Bluray and that was capt america.

I have only Bluerays in my queue and have few problems receiving disks. I often don't have time to watch what I get. Still have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sitting in the entertainment center, and received it on release day (a couple of weeks ago). Hopefully will get around to watching it this week.

Everything in my queue is more or less a new release. Nothing more than a month or two after release.

Still have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sitting in the entertainment center, and received it on release day (a couple of weeks ago). Hopefully will get around to watching it this week.

That statement makes you suspect as being part of the reason for all these BB@Home complaints. Maybe BB@Home needs to have a penalty for not returning disks in a timely manner. Some people need to have a fire lit to their butt or they will just take advantage of a "good" thing and make it miserable for others. They don't care. I think late charges are a good thing but then with mail order, these types would try to claim "lost in the mail." Fraud is a justified way of life. I will refrain from what I really think.

Don Landis said:
That statement makes you suspect as being part of the reason for all these BB@Home complaints. Maybe BB@Home needs to have a penalty for not returning disks in a timely manner. Some people need to have a fire lit to their butt or they will just take advantage of a "good" thing and make it miserable for others. They don't care. I think late charges are a good thing but then with mail order, these types would try to claim "lost in the mail." Fraud is a justified way of life. I will refrain from what I really think.

Don,

You've got it backwards. Customers like this make BB the most money. They pay the same monthly, but BB doesn't incur additional costs in send out additional movies. Besides, the whole point is one flat monthly fee with no late fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)