Removing the Diamond Shield on HD Mits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi,
I just bought a Mits. WS-48515. I really like it, but the screen is really reflective. I was wondering if I removed it would it look better and is it difficult to do? And if I removed the glass would I'd be able to put it back on later if I wanted to? I saw the directions in the back of the book. I didn't think it looked to difficult. And just a note for ya, there's no kids in the house and I don't have a pet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You

I did that on my Mits WS-55857 when I had it. I wish I had done it sooner, much sooner. Mine was more like a plexiglass sheet of plastic that was easy to pry out once I got one of the edges that hold it in place removed. With no kids or pets I'd highly recommend removing it.

Thanks for the response. Do you think it would be hard to put it back in if I ever wanted to? If I take the screen out how does it look without it? How easily can it be scratched?

If I remember it will take more effort to put it back in but it looks dooable. How does it look, it looks like you're not looking to a sheet of highly reflective glass anymore. For your last question, I don't know, sorry.

I had the Mitsu 65819 and when I removed the shield I wrapped it in its original protective cover which worked great. If they don't come with the sets anymore, it was thin soft cushioning foam, just like Home Depot or Lowes sells as moving packaging. A big roll should be around $20. Tape it closed and you should be set.

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)