Renewable HBO and Showtime discounts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
After Homeland tonight, went to cancel Showtime, having come to the end of my half off for six months for both. In the process of doing so in "My programming"' online, they offered a continued discount for $8.00 per month, six months. So I tried to cancel HBO, which i fully intended to keep at full price, and they gave me a $12.00 option. So, took both. Not too shabby. First time that has ever happened, for me.

After Homeland tonight, went to cancel Showtime, having come to the end of my half off for six months for both. In the process of doing so in "My programming"' online, they offered a continued discount for $8.00 per month, six months. So I tried to cancel HBO, which i fully intended to keep at full price, and they gave me a $12.00 option. So, took both. Not too shabby. First time that has ever happened, for me.
Still to much if you know where to look you can the few shows that are any good that they both have. In fact sometimes before it even airs.

Cancelled after season finale of masters of sex and homeland. I was also offered to keep showtime for $8 per month but I declined. Nothing of interest on there until ray donovan comes back on or penny dreadful starts

Thanks for the heads up, KAB!

Cancelled after season finale of masters of sex and homeland. I was also offered to keep showtime for $8 per month but I declined. Nothing of interest on there until ray donovan comes back on or penny dreadful starts

I totally agree. Luv me some RD!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

IF they can offer the premium channels for such discounts for the last two years now, doesn't that tell you that they are over charging everyone at their full prices? Especially HBO at $18.00 a month. I for one have decided I will not ever pay full price again for this channel or any other premium pack channel. There is simply too much out there to watch now in competition. Even NETFLIX is gaining more subs than the aging HBO pack. Maybe the premiums should consider a permanent Price roll back before they lose any more business.

I did the same thing the other day, both HBO and SHO were at the end of the 6 month 1/2 off. Offered both at $5 off each per month for 6 months.

Max's 1/2 off expired in November and it was offered for 1/2 off for another 6 months.

I took all the offers.

BB@Home & Multi-sports 1/2 off deals expire in about a week. May keep BB@Home, but doubt I'll keep Multi-sports, but it will only happen if the 1/2 off shows up again.

I still think Dish is eating most of the loss when offering the premiums at a discount. So say, $12 for HBO, HBO still gets their cut at say, $15, and Dish ends up losing $3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts