Repack Schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I know about the phases but they set up fairly broad windows. Is there any resouce that shows expected repack dates for individual stations? If not will there be anything like that?

I know about the phases but they set up fairly broad windows. Is there any resouce that shows expected repack dates for individual stations? If not will there be anything like that?

Nope. My local stations can move anytime from last Saturday, until June 21'st. I contacted them, and NONE of them appear to be even close to ready to move. One told me it won't be until at least June 1'st. They haven't done ANYTHING as of yet to prepare, even though they knew this was coming for well over a year now!

All I can suggest, is if they vanish, re-scan!

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Nope. My local stations can move anytime from last Saturday, until June 21'st. I contacted them, and NONE of them appear to be even close to ready to move. One told me it won't be until at least June 1'st. They haven't done ANYTHING as of yet to prepare, even though they knew this was coming for well over a year now!

All I can suggest, is if they vanish, re-scan!

Stations are required to air PSAs advertising their repack dates starting 30 days prior to their transition. Part of the problem is that things like permits can take 6 to 12 months to get approved and then tower crews can only work in good weather. We expected our repack to go a lot better than it did, but the local government took about 4 months longer than expected to approve our permits and then the tower crew was delayed about 2 months due to poor weather. Needless to say, we missed the "Phase 2" repack date and ended up moving to "Phase 3."

If stations are able to, they'll simulcast the week of June 17th so that users that rescan early will receive both signals -- then discontinue their old frequency by 11:59 PM on Friday, June 21st (for Phase 3). You'll probably see the PSAs start right on May 20th or 21st.

At least my 2 stations is moving in April 13 to June 21st time frame.:)

KTFQ-DT KASY-DT are the ones to move out their old channels.

KTFQ-DT rf, CH. 41 to CH. 16

KASY-DT rf, CH. 45 to CH. 36

So it should be interesting to see what's happen next.:biggrin

New Broadcast Antennas to be Installed for WICU, WSEE
Lilly Broadcasting plans to install its new broadcast antennas for WICU and WSEE on Wednesday, May 15.
Some great news for the Erie,Pa. market
Lilly Broadcasting currently offers the following eight stations for over-the-air viewers:

• WICU 12.1 – NBC
  • WICU 12.2 – MeTV
  • WICU 12.3 – ION
  • WICU 12.4 – Start TV
  • WSEE 35.1 – CBS
  • WSEE 35.2 – CW
  • WSEE 35.3 – Erie News Now +
  • WSEE 35.4 – Heroes & Icons

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)