Replace FTV with BBC World News

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ok, I meant he doesn't get a vote on Dish Network's programming decisions. Local/state/federal elections are an entirely different matter. ;)

If we're counting it has already been replaced. :) Also why not just get EuroNews, it has been beating the pants off BBC over the last few weeks in my opinion.

I don't understand all this hype with Euronews. I've had the channel 3 years now and barely watch it anymore. It's just four or five 30 second stories, repeated every half-hour. The stories are simply B-roll footage with voiceover narration, no reporters. That's it. No depth, no commentary, no investigative reporting. Reminds me of the DJ on FM radio who reads a few headlines from the morning paper, along with weather & traffic, followed by some Top 40 hits. You listen to the station for the music after all, not the news. So what do I watch Euronews for?? Nothing...

I like Euronews which actually shows me the news and lets me see whats going on without any spin, so that I can make my own decissions on whats going on and not hear someone elses opinion on what I am seeing.

I don't understand all this hype with Euronews. I've had the channel 3 years now and barely watch it anymore. It's just four or five 30 second stories, repeated every half-hour. The stories are simply B-roll footage with voiceover narration, no reporters. That's it. No depth, no commentary, no investigative reporting. Reminds me of the DJ on FM radio who reads a few headlines from the morning paper, along with weather & traffic, followed by some Top 40 hits. You listen to the station for the music after all, not the news. So what do I watch Euronews for?? Nothing...

I am seeing something quite different. Only during their updates are stories 30 seconds or so. Others can last for however long it takes. Coverage of Libya for instance is often 15 minutes or more each time, with many updates during the day. Cairo was actually hours of in depth reporting, as was the Norway tadgedy. I find they also have footage before BBC in the mideast. They have several ways of giving the news. No comment is just that, pictures and sound with no comments. Updates are as i mentioned, and then there is more in depth coverage of many news items during the day, which includes US news. As I pointed out in a thread it is more watched than BBC by alot. That may or may not make it "better" but it is being watched by more people.

As with all news there does come a time when it get repeated of course. Not everyone saw the original time it aired, or there is only so much you can say sometimes. But I find anytime something happens, EuroNews is right on it. Bottom line, I want people to get BBC if they want it, but sometimes it sounds like there is no service in it's place, and there is, including other sources even besides EuroNews. (BBC gave credit to EuroNews for reporting there was a second scene in Norway - I catch BBC on Ruku sometimes)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)