replace joey with superjoey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I'm considering replacing my wired joey with a super joey but may have a wiring issue. I only have 2 wires coming in from the dish (1000.2). I believe the third node on the Dish accommodates the wing dish.
I've heard there is an alternative wiring method. Is this correct?

I'm considering replacing my wired joey with a super joey but may have a wiring issue. I only have 2 wires coming in from the dish (1000.2). I believe the third node on the Dish accommodates the wing dish.
I've heard there is an alternative wiring method. Is this correct?
The LNBs prior to the hybrid models have 3 outputs and one wing dish input. Two of the outputs go to the node and then on to the Hopper as a single coax. The third output goes an "integrator" and on to Super Joey. The installer should be able to run a third line from the dish for the Super Joey.

The Hybrid LNBs only have two outputs plus a wing dish input and therefore would not support a Super Joey.

Maybe it's time to consider a Hopper 3 upgrade.

I assume you don't have a hybrid lnb than? They installed the hybrid lnb when I added a super joey instead of running a third line from my previous lnb

Ya that’s what I thought he would do but he had to run 18 miles to get a super joey he thought he already had. He said they loaded his van Wednesday but I was a last minute appointment cause they scheduled me Thursday and he didn’t know that. My guess is he doesn’t have a hybrid lnb on him. At least this time he’s the one burying the line.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts