replace joey with superjoey

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I'm considering replacing my wired joey with a super joey but may have a wiring issue. I only have 2 wires coming in from the dish (1000.2). I believe the third node on the Dish accommodates the wing dish.
I've heard there is an alternative wiring method. Is this correct?

I'm considering replacing my wired joey with a super joey but may have a wiring issue. I only have 2 wires coming in from the dish (1000.2). I believe the third node on the Dish accommodates the wing dish.
I've heard there is an alternative wiring method. Is this correct?
The LNBs prior to the hybrid models have 3 outputs and one wing dish input. Two of the outputs go to the node and then on to the Hopper as a single coax. The third output goes an "integrator" and on to Super Joey. The installer should be able to run a third line from the dish for the Super Joey.

The Hybrid LNBs only have two outputs plus a wing dish input and therefore would not support a Super Joey.

Maybe it's time to consider a Hopper 3 upgrade.

I assume you don't have a hybrid lnb than? They installed the hybrid lnb when I added a super joey instead of running a third line from my previous lnb

Ya that’s what I thought he would do but he had to run 18 miles to get a super joey he thought he already had. He said they loaded his van Wednesday but I was a last minute appointment cause they scheduled me Thursday and he didn’t know that. My guess is he doesn’t have a hybrid lnb on him. At least this time he’s the one burying the line.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts