Replacement 722 DOA

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
My 722 was over heating. After being on for an hour or so, the over heating warning came on and I had to unplug it. My replacement came today. After installing it, I plugged it in. The green power light came on and there was the sound of the hard drive. Unfortunately, that's as far as it went. Power switch reset didn't work nor did unplugging it and plugging it back in again. Called tech support. Nothing they suggested worked. Finally got passed on to someone named Nick in the Executive Office. He's going to try to figure out how to get me another 722. Problem is since I already got a replacement, there is still an open order. Waiting to hear back. He was nice enough to give me his direct phone line.
I'll be able to watch the game on Sunday since I have the super basic cable.

Well, it's Sunday. Got home a few hours ago from visiting my Mom on her 87th birthday. Reinstalled the new 722 without the EHD and it WORKS. Thank for the suggestion. However there was 1 minor glitch. The instruction sheet came with it was wrong/out dated. At the Check Switch screen, it kept thinking I had a Dish 500 system and wanted me to point to 119. I could not get past that screen. Called and a CSR had me change the sat to 72 and once I aquired it, just press Done. Everything went smoothly from there.

Had the same problem a few months back. I just pulled the EHD for no reason and rebooted the 722 manually and VOILA! I called Dish after that and they were surpeised to hear that. At this time another 722 was already on the way. They just said to reject it and all will be good. This should be a sticky, as there's more and more EHD's around and would save a lot of people headaches and anger and phone calls, when they have to replace a defective unit. BTW the 722 runs without a glitch ever since. At the time the EHD was powered ona nd connected, the 722 was in a constant reboot loop, not even anything showed up on the screen.

I was lucky in the fact that my old 722 would over heat after about 1.5 hours. I was able to move everything off the internal HD to one of my EHD's. Thank goodness for this forum. It was here that I found out I should not hook up the EHD until after the unit was back up and running. Even the level 2 tech's never asked me if I had an EHD hooked up.

That shows how little they test their stuff. I cannot believe that I had to find out for them why it didn't work that way. Mine got escalated also, they even wanted to send a tech out to me and I was supposed to wait a whole week. So I played CSR roulette and got a different one who started working with me. They plumb didn't believe me the unit was defective. At first it took the in initial download and showed the sats connected and with good signal strength. Then it said the receiver needs to reboot and not disturb it. So I left it alone and it started to get in a constant reboot loop. They kept asking me if the TV is hooked up to it and if it was on the right input. I kept telling them that it was showing the satellite setup screen initially and then when it rebooted a brief flash of two white vertical bars and then dark until it started over. Still kept asking me if the TV was connected correctly. ARE YOU LISTENING WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU SEVERAL TIMES???
Anyway, I hung up and tried again. That was ridiculous. I wonder how many units were deemed DOA because of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts