replacement 722

jpos832

Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
last nite, my 722 decided that it wasnt going to perform its assigned duties.. it started out with my 2nd remote failing to control the reciever, and escalated to the box shutting down. it would completely power off. it would turn back on and stay on for several minutes then power off again. i contacted customer service and (to my suprise) actually got an english speaking operator from the united states. while performing the typical over the fone troubleshooting.. my reciever generated an onscreen "fatal harddrive error.. contact DISH" message. i couldnt access any of the recordings on the harddrive, or even watch live tv for more then a couple minutes without the reciever shutting off.. the csr said he would send me out a new reciever and remote and i should get them in about week. this morning, i decided to try again. i did a hard reset and waited for the reciever to do its thing. this time: no error message, and the reciever seems to be working just fine. anyone else witness this before, or is it just my box? ive only had the reciever for less then 3 months, and other then it erasing the harddrive once in the first week, ive never had any problems with it. is there any way to transfer the recordings off of the old reciever to the new reciever? the csr said i could use an extrenal harddrive to save my recordings, but i would still have to pay the $40 activation fee.. even though the receiver was faulty.. any ideas?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts