Warning From India Csr!!!!

Tahoerob

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Hayden, ID
Hi all,

Got interesting call from a Dish CSR from INDIA (or L.A.!!). Offering me a free upgrade to a 722 or FREE HD pack ($20/month value) plus an upgrade from Dish 500 dish to a Dish 1000.

Catch: Extend committment for 18 months.

Definitely a ploy to try to keep HD subs due to D* surge!!!

Not sure whether to bite or not!!

Personal I would not.

When the 1st batch of HD channels launched on D* I really was not thinking of switching.

Now D* has so much to offer. Not just national HD channels but my locals and RSNs are in HD.

I am still not jumping ship yet, but now I am thinking about it and will not sign up for another 18 month contract.

That is just me.

I'm fairly new to E* and signed up because there was more HD than my cable company had plus I liked the features on the 722. I did go with the 18 month contract and I'm fine with it. I love all the room I have on the DVR plus the external hard drive plus being able to watch my DVR on 2 TV's. In 18 months, maybe I would consider switching IF D* had a comparable DVR.

I'm fairly new to E* and signed up because there was more HD than my cable company had plus I liked the features on the 722. I did go with the 18 month contract and I'm fine with it. I love all the room I have on the DVR plus the external hard drive plus being able to watch my DVR on 2 TV's. In 18 months, maybe I would consider switching IF D* had a comparable DVR.

I'm with you. I'm 3 months in on an 18 month contract and I absolutely love my 722 and 625 (and I love even more that there was no upfront cost). I just *really* wish I could get my HD Locals as well as more premium multi-plex HDs.

I'm with you. I'm 3 months in on an 18 month contract and I absolutely love my 722 and 625 (and I love even more that there was no upfront cost). I just *really* wish I could get my HD Locals as well as more premium multi-plex HDs.

Skyhi,

Where do you live? My locals weren't in HD so I put an OTA antenna in my attic. That was a huge improvement since I could then get my locals in HD again. I was used to having them that way with cable. The only problem was I could only record 1 network show in HD at one time. Most nights that was fine but on a few nights, we like network shows on different networks at the same time. This was mainly on Thursdays with Grey's, CSI and The Office. I finely decided to "move" over the weekend so now I can record 3 network shows in HD at the same time. This will be the first week for me to get them all in HD again.

Maybe it's because I live in the greater LA (Los Angeles) area, BUT, we do get ABC, NBC, CBS & FOX in HD via E*.

Are you talking about the additional locals? I'm not sure, as we don't have an OTA antenna, if there are more locals with HD as of yet.

:confused:

I totally agree. I have the 622 fed to two TV's, living room for HD and bedroom for TV2. Until D* offers something comparable to that, I'm not interested in switching.

Maybe it's because I live in the greater LA (Los Angeles) area, BUT, we do get ABC, NBC, CBS & FOX in HD via E*.

Are you talking about the additional locals? I'm not sure, as we don't have an OTA antenna, if there are more locals with HD as of yet.

:confused:

Not all of us are as fortunate as you are. My true locals of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX are not in HD via E*, only SD. Now OTA I can get them in HD but not from E*.

I do really like the 622 & just added an external HDD for storage.
I think that Dish will catch up when capacity allows. They announced 3 new sats to launch for next year.
However, the DishOnline SUCK!!! & would like to see free on demand like what D* is rolling out & cable has.

Now, I do have a problem with 2 TP (22 & 6) on 129 being VERY weak. The signal on 129 is barely 15 this time of year. I have a dedicated Dish 500 & had a tech recently come out ($29 charge!) & he realigned but did not want to change to a wider dish. It is better but sometimes not capturing signal still.

TP 22 has Voom channels, so not really a big deal. However, TBS HD is on TP 6 and I am afraid that they will add more channels to it & screw my viewing if signal is not reliable.

So, will a Dish 1000 be helpful if it only needs to reflect to one LNB & capture signal from 129?????????

I don't think it was DISH Network that tried to solicit you, but more than a telemarketer working for a local retailer trying to "Flip" your account.

The guys where more than likely calling you from Pakistan.

They call you up, offer all new equipment for FREE and then close your account and open up a new one.

Highly illegal, and is grounds for termination for the retailer if they are caught!

Claude G.

I don't think it was DISH Network that tried to solicit you, but more than a telemarketer working for a local retailer trying to "Flip" your account.
The guys where more than likely calling you from Pakistan.
They call you up, offer all new equipment for FREE and then close your account and open up a new one.
Highly illegal, and is grounds for termination for the retailer if they are caught!
Claude G.

This is my exact concern. Did not "feel" right. Still concerned about guy having my account info & home phone #.
I could not quite make out whether his accent was Paki or Indian!!!

I think I will call Dish CSR direct to check it out. If it truly is a legit offer, any CSR should be able to verify

This is my exact concern. Did not "feel" right. Still concerned about guy having my account info & home phone #.
I could not quite make out whether his accent was Paki or Indian!!!

I think I will call Dish CSR direct to check it out. If it truly is a legit offer, any CSR should be able to verify

Next time he calls,tell him your having steak for dinner!.If he hangs up,he's from India.:D

As much as I would want more hd it comes down to two things, out of pocket and multi room receiver and dish wins there for me, now its just my waiting a bit longer till I can finish up my contract with charter.

Hi all,

Got interesting call from a Dish CSR from INDIA (or L.A.!!). Offering me a free upgrade to a 722 or FREE HD pack ($20/month value) plus an upgrade from Dish 500 dish to a Dish 1000.

Catch: Extend committment for 18 months.

Definitely a ploy to try to keep HD subs due to D* surge!!!

Not sure whether to bite or not!!

Next time get his/her ID & document the call. You have a Sony HD TV and you don't get any HD chs.? I have the 722 and love it. I had C-Cast before , don't want Direct, and had a 2 yr. lease with Dish before. Now I'm on an 18 mo. lease & am very happy. Bear in mind that even if you have the HD pkg. there will be some chs. that you won't get unless you have a sub to them. I'd jump on that offer.

It's sort of like cell phones-the best customers are the ones who will pay every month for a specified amt. of time. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)