Replacement cables

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
Ok, not sure if this is the right place for this, but here we go. My dad told me the other day that TW said they had to come out to his place to replace the cables in order to be ready for the feb '09 transition.

What kind if new cables should he expect?

I am sorry that I do not have info about equipment, but I know he has on SD sets in 2 rooms and I think I recall seeing a cable box in at least one of the rooms.

I thought folks with cable were going to all set with the transition. He has no internet in the house to speak of. Any help or ideas would be great.

Again sorry for the crappy description of the hardware. Honestly if I asked him he would not be able to tell me anyway what is in the house.

Also I did a quick search and didn't find it on this site, if this has been discussed, please link me and I will check it out.

Thanks again

Last edited:
The changes being made have nothing to do with the digital transition as it doesn't have any impact on CATV. The digital transition is unique to the Over The Air broadcasts.

TWC needs to give the real reason and not try to hoodwink their customers. More than likely the cable is leaking signal and they need to fix it before they get fined.

Just wondering, are they charging for the upgraded cable? Keep your eyes on them if you let them in the door.

I have heard comcast employees telling customers they need to get digital cable for the feb 09 conversion which is tottally wrong, these installers are upselling so they can get a commission for a upgrade to digital which is another 20+ bucks a month what a scam!!!!!!!