Replacement dish...WOW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Put up the replacement dish tonight. Turned out to be a 31" as opposed to 33" I had. Couldn't tell the difference til I compared em. The 31" is like that of a circle, the 33" is shaped like an egg. Anyways...the good news.

I peaked at 82 for quality on my true south sat AMC-5 (79 West). Very happy now. Although I am a little irritated with that mango tree. I'm back up on the push-up pole now...that thing I know is plumb.

Now, anything past 107.3 West I can't get cause of the tree until I hit 121 West (Echostar 9) and the rest is good west of that including 127 IA-7.

I'll report more as I scan back east to be sure SBS6 is in good shape. Talk in a bit. Also, AMC-2 is showing dead....maybe I'll have to input a live transponder.

Last edited:
Push up pole is slang for an antenna mast! Damn, I thought my mind was in the gutter!! LOL

Yes, I'm open to volunteers with chainsaws. Chomp them hunks of wood outta the way.

techno935 said:
Push up pole is slang for an antenna mast! Damn, I thought my mind was in the gutter!! LOL

Yes, I'm open to volunteers with chainsaws. Chomp them hunks of wood outta the way.

Hahaha, okay..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)