Replacement equipment for bad HDMI?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
So my HDMI on my HR44 has not worked for months. I use the component video and the picture is still awesome. However, here's where it gets interesting - if I use the coax cable input on my TV (for antenna in), there is interference and lines on my DirecTV picture - just enough that I can see the lines slowly moving up my screen. Would they replace it because the HDMI went bad? If so, would there be a cost?

Also....another interesting scenario...I "moved" to get different locals. If I can get a replacement, can it be shipped to the billing address?

I have ran across many of these HD TVs where it is actually the ports on the tv that go bad, only way is to test the ports with another device and hdmi cables. If it is the receiver then yes it can be replaced if you push the issue

Cost? Depends on if you have the protection plan or not and how much pushing the issue you can do

Reactions: dbkarbo
Thanks for the help to those who replied! I did swap out the cables, and the cable works with another device on the same HDMI port so it's not the cable, definitely looks like the port.

I don't have the protection plan, but I kind of wonder if new equipment is a retention technique (alluding to my other thread that I have open).

There shouldn't be any charge for the equipment since it's defective, but you may have to pay shipping. The rub may be in getting them to replace it at all as defective. They may claim that you can use the component cables as an alternative. Don't let them do that, though. Let them know that you will only accept an exchange for defective equipment. That way they can't extend your commitment, or start a new one.

There shouldn't be any charge for the equipment since it's defective, but you may have to pay shipping. The rub may be in getting them to replace it at all as defective. They may claim that you can use the component cables as an alternative. Don't let them do that, though. Let them know that you will only accept an exchange for defective equipment. That way they can't extend your commitment, or start a new one.
adding to chip's comment, i had a couple of my boxes replaced when i had a bad hdmi port. i had protection plan. the first time, they told me to use component. i did and it worked fine. but i told them i couldn't watch any 1080p movies so they changed their tune and gave me a new box!

Reactions: raoul5788
adding to chip's comment, i had a couple of my boxes replaced when i had a bad hdmi port. i had protection plan. the first time, they told me to use component. i did and it worked fine. but i told them i couldn't watch any 1080p movies so they changed their tune and gave me a new box!
I would just tell them that my TV does not have component, only HDMI for HD viewing. Let them try to prove me wrong.

I would just tell them that my TV does not have component, only HDMI for HD viewing. Let them try to prove me wrong.

if i had a customer tell me that i'd probably be screaming "BS" in my head. its probably more realistic to say you're using the component input for your xbox or dvd player.

if i had a customer tell me that i'd probably be screaming "BS" in my head. its probably more realistic to say you're using the component input for your xbox or dvd player.
Your explanation would undoubtedly raise fewer eyebrows, but i would still challenge them to prove me wrong...Just because....lol

Love this. But it raises another question.....My "service address" is in NY state. Will they deliver the equipment to the billing address if asked?
I have seen posts here in years past where people got the CSR to agree to send to billing address, but they shipped to the service add. anyway.
I think the odds are low that you will get it at your billing add.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)