Replacement for HR44-700 AC Adapter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

liquid ice

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
Northern Virginia
I lost the AC Adapter for my HR44-700 - I need to buy a replacement, but nobody seems to sell them. Anyone know where I can purchase one, even if it is a generic replacement?

Directv said they don't sell them either, tried calling Solid Signal and they don't have it -- WeaKnees thought they could find one to sell me but then told me they couldn't.

Below are pictures from solidsignal.com of what it looks like:

DIRECTV_HR44-700-38.png

DIRECTV_HR44-700-10.png

Finding a +12v 4A AC Adapter isn't that hard, but finding one with the same connection as the HR44 has proven difficult.

One guy has sold them on ebay in the past but doesn't have it listed. I'd email him, they may still be able to sell or setup a sale for you, he was only asking $20:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DIRECTV...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item43bdfea055

Only other idea would be to call DirecTV support, and go at it as your adapter is not working (it isn't working after all) and see if they can ship a replacement AC Adapter. That is a big part of why they went external in the first place.

That may be a tough find outside of a new HR44 in box right now, they come with the receiver if I remember correct. Try DirecTV again.

If still no luck send an email to DirecTV with the specific nature of needing part EPS44R0-16. Perhaps they can escalate it to someone that can help. Emails tend to get escalated quick if the first responder doesn't understand or can't help.

One guy has sold them on ebay in the past but doesn't have it listed. I'd email him, they may still be able to sell or setup a sale for you, he was only asking $20:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DIRECTV...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item43bdfea055

Only other idea would be to call DirecTV support, and go at it as your adapter is not working (it isn't working after all) and see if they can ship a replacement AC Adapter. That is a big part of why they went external in the first place.

Thanks so much for the link - even though I wasn't able to buy it from that seller, it had the Part Number for the AC Adapter and someone else was selling it by P/N only. The P/N on the one I bought is slightly different (EPS44R0-15 instead of EPS44R0-16 which the link you provided had) - but I suspect the "-15" versus "-16" is just a different manufacturer like HR models since they look identical and the H25/C31 AC Adapter has both models EPS10R1-15 and EPS10R1-16 as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)