Replacement remote for 211k receiver

blfuller

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Washington State
My 5.4 remote just went bad and I was wondering what the best replacement remote would be for the VIP 211K receiver. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

My 5.4 remote just went bad and I was wondering what the best replacement remote would be for the VIP 211K receiver. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Call Dish. They'll troubleshoot to make sure it's not something else. If it is the remote, they'll replace it. If you have the protection plan, they'll ship it free. If you don't have the protection plan, they'll charge $15 for shipping.

If you want to go it your own, I know that Walmart will often have Dish remotes for sale. I think they're usually right under $20. Any of the 20-series remotes (20.0, 20.1, 21.0, etc) are compatible.

I own all my equipment so no warranty. Is there something that the 20 series remotes have, maybe works with more IR codes for newer equipment, that the 5 series doesn't?

I'm pretty sure it's the remote because I have an older dish remote that operates the receiver just fine with the exception of the DVR features.

Owning your own equipment doesn't preclude service from DISH it's only an 800# away and costs nothing to ask. Yes the 20.0 will have the latest codes but more important it is a learning remote.

The remote was definitely a gonner per dish customer service. Ordered a couple 20.1 remote off ebay for $13. Thanks for all the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)