Replacement remote for 211Z, 211K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrbdmb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Hi, first post in quite a while. I have two remotes for a 211Z and a 211K that have become troublesome.
The first remote stopped functioning altoghether, even with a fresh set of batteries. None of the lit buttons would work, and of course it would not control the receiver. I actually threw this remote out because it clearly broken, and since I knew it was older it was not worth messing with. The second remote still works, but some of the buttons are starting to get flaky - need to press them more than once. So I figured I'd replace both at once.

I called Dish to have them send me two new remote controls, but the tech was adamant that we had to go through a detailed troubleshooting procedure with the bad remote. She assumed that the receiver was misprogrammed, and would not listen to me that the first remote was totally unresponsive. Once she got to the point that she was telling me to reset the receiver I hung up.

So, what is the easiest way to get two replacement remotes for the 211K / 211Z? I thought calling Dish was best, esp. since I currently have Dish Protect Silver, but really don't need the BS. Can this be taken care of on here (DIRT Team), or should I purchase remotes from another source? (Prefer not to get refurbished.) Thanks.

Edit - I also see I can just order a new 20.1 remote for $20 from the Dish Store. Lots of 20.1 remotes on the interwebs, but most look like knockoffs, not Dish OEM.

Last edited:
I also see I can just order a new 20.1 remote for $20 from the Dish Store. Lots of 20.1 remotes on the interwebs, but most look like knockoffs, not Dish OEM.

Aren't those IR? I bought 2 IR remotes off Ebay, brand new, for $6/ea shipped. Let me go look at the number... Huh. This has Dish printed all over it. But it says it's a "DISH211" IR/UHF Pro remote which I don't recognize. It also says "Supports all TV1 and TV2 locations", so it must include UHF too.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that.

And note to admins - I read that the Dish DIRT team is no longer allowed to support their customers via satelliteguys, so you may want to remove the "Our DISH Forum also features AWARD WINNING support from the DISH Internet Response Team! (DIRT)" from the top of this forum. :(

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Thanks for the info, I'll look into that.

And note to admins - I read that the Dish DIRT team is no longer allowed to support their customers via satelliteguys, so you may want to remove the "Our DISH Forum also features AWARD WINNING support from the DISH Internet Response Team! (DIRT)" from the top of this forum. :(
Where did you read that?

Reactions: pattykay
Hi, first post in quite a while. I have two remotes for a 211Z and a 211K that have become troublesome.
The first remote stopped functioning altoghether, even with a fresh set of batteries. None of the lit buttons would work, and of course it would not control the receiver. I actually threw this remote out because it clearly broken, and since I knew it was older it was not worth messing with. The second remote still works, but some of the buttons are starting to get flaky - need to press them more than once. So I figured I'd replace both at once.

I called Dish to have them send me two new remote controls, but the tech was adamant that we had to go through a detailed troubleshooting procedure with the bad remote. She assumed that the receiver was misprogrammed, and would not listen to me that the first remote was totally unresponsive. Once she got to the point that she was telling me to reset the receiver I hung up.

So, what is the easiest way to get two replacement remotes for the 211K / 211Z? I thought calling Dish was best, esp. since I currently have Dish Protect Silver, but really don't need the BS. Can this be taken care of on here (DIRT Team), or should I purchase remotes from another source? (Prefer not to get refurbished.) Thanks.

Edit - I also see I can just order a new 20.1 remote for $20 from the Dish Store. Lots of 20.1 remotes on the interwebs, but most look like knockoffs, not Dish OEM.
Hello jrbdmb, to further assist with any issues directly related to your account, please Chat in with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

^^^ Proving my point...

Advising to chat about getting a replacement remote? Dish Support must not have read this thread, then:
:eeek

Here is my suggestion. I went threw this a few months ago and I understand your frustration. LIE. LIE.LIE. Claim your remote is 100% completely dead. Claim you have replaced the batteries with know good batteries from another remote. You can not use common sense with these people so just LIE!

Update: I contacted Dish Support chat via Facebook, they quickly responded and sent me two new remotes free of charge since I have Dish Protect Silver. Thanks for those here who pointed me in the right direction.

My only complaint now is why their Customer Support via their main phone number is so inferior to Customer Support via chat, Facebook, etc. At around $140/mo. I should not have to deal with poor support no matter how I choose to contact Dish.

Reactions: TheKrell
Here is my suggestion. I went threw this a few months ago and I understand your frustration. LIE. LIE.LIE. Claim your remote is 100% completely dead. Claim you have replaced the batteries with know good batteries from another remote. You can not use common sense with these people so just LIE!
I told them (truthfully) that remote #1 was completely dead. They still were adamant that we had to go through all troubleshooting steps, including receiver reset, etc. They also kept bringing up Receiver #1 vs. Receiver #2, which was not applicable to my setup.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)