Replacing 4 single tuner boxes with 2 single and 1 dual-tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jakek82

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004

My current setup is as follows: 4 boxes and 1 line going into each room.
I would like to upgrade to HD and want to replace one of the boxes but I’m wondering if I could get rid of 2 boxes in one shot and just connect a dual tuner box for two rooms?
I know only one TV will have HD but that’s ok with me.

Will I need to run a second cable to the dual-tuner box in one of the rooms or the current wiring will be sufficient?
thanks!

My current setup is as follows: 4 boxes and 1 line going into each room.
I would like to upgrade to HD and want to replace one of the boxes but I’m wondering if I could get rid of 2 boxes in one shot and just connect a dual tuner box for two rooms?
I know only one TV will have HD but that’s ok with me.

Will I need to run a second cable to the dual-tuner box in one of the rooms or the current wiring will be sufficient?
thanks!
Current wiring should be good. But, you probably have a Dish 500 with a DP Quad or a DP Twin with a DP34 switch now. They don't support dual tuners on one wire, so you'll need to have a DPP33 switch or a Dish 1000.2 satellite installed so that you can access three receivers.

If you think you'll ever go to four receivers, you might consider the DPP44 switch instead.

Current wiring should be good. But, you probably have a Dish 500 with a DP Quad or a DP Twin with a DP34 switch now. They don't support dual tuners on one wire, so you'll need to have a DPP33 switch or a Dish 1000.2 satellite installed so that you can access three receivers.

If you think you'll ever go to four receivers, you might consider the DPP44 switch instead.

I currently have one Dish 500 and one Dish 300. I think they are connected to a DP34 switch. The wires from the switch then go to a connector inside the house, so that preinstalled wiring in the could be used.

If you want to use the DP34, you'll need two wires from the switch to the dual tuner reciever, as you suggested in your first post.

If he's using the 300 at 61.5, then he could upgrade his 500 to a 1000.2 and use the LNB in on the Triple LNB to add 61.5 and to support up to three dual tuner boxes. If 129 is unwanted, he'll just need to cover the leftmost LNB (as viewed from behind) with foil, etc., and switch test it that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts