Replacing DVRs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markfp-1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
Although I visit these boards almost daily, I'm afraid have haven't been keeping up on equipment. Here's my situation. I presently have 3 DVRs. My two oldest are R10s and I have a more recent R22-100.

The R22 is fine, but both of the R10s have been acting up lately, sometimes freezing up or resetting on their own. It's alway seems to be a random thing, never both at the same time. So I've been thinking of replacing them. I'm not looking for HD, just SD. Since I got the R22 from Best Buy, I checked their website, but the only SD DVR they show is an R-16. What's the difference between that and an R22?

I haven't called DirecTV yet, but the model illustrated on their site doesn't look like the R22 that I have and I didn't see a model number. Anybody know what they're sending out nowadays? Do they tell you what you'll be getting or is it luck of the draw? I'd sure hate to end up getting two more R10s that somebody else returned.

Having read here many times that good customers tend to get good deals, I would think that would include me since I've been with them for almost twelve years, subscribe to all the premiums and send them almost $125 a month. When I first upgraded to DVRs, they gave me the first one for free and the second one for $49. Think that's a possibility now? I know it seems to be at the whim of whatever CSR I might happen to get. If I have to pay the same as at Best Buy, I might as well go with them and save the shipping. I also know it will be a 2 year commitment, but I have no issue with that. Thanks.

Differences that I know of , are the R22 can be turned into an HD DVR, where as the R-16 can't. I think you can do VOD with the R22 as well.
R 16's have No ethernet ports.

Although I visit these boards almost daily, I'm afraid have haven't been keeping up on equipment. Here's my situation. I presently have 3 DVRs. My two oldest are R10s and I have a more recent R22-100.

The R22 is fine, but both of the R10s have been acting up lately, sometimes freezing up or resetting on their own. It's alway seems to be a random thing, never both at the same time. So I've been thinking of replacing them. I'm not looking for HD, just SD. Since I got the R22 from Best Buy, I checked their website, but the only SD DVR they show is an R-16. What's the difference between that and an R22?

I haven't called DirecTV yet, but the model illustrated on their site doesn't look like the R22 that I have and I didn't see a model number. Anybody know what they're sending out nowadays? Do they tell you what you'll be getting or is it luck of the draw? I'd sure hate to end up getting two more R10s that somebody else returned.

Having read here many times that good customers tend to get good deals, I would think that would include me since I've been with them for almost twelve years, subscribe to all the premiums and send them almost $125 a month. When I first upgraded to DVRs, they gave me the first one for free and the second one for $49. Think that's a possibility now? I know it seems to be at the whim of whatever CSR I might happen to get. If I have to pay the same as at Best Buy, I might as well go with them and save the shipping. I also know it will be a 2 year commitment, but I have no issue with that. Thanks.

If the R10s are defective, they should be replaced with no additional commitment. If you have the protection plan, there should be no shipping cost either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)