Replacing H10 for H20 -- cannot see 99 or 103 satellites?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsurls

Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Lawrenceville, GA
Hello,
I have just replaced a working H10 receiver for an H20 in order to be able to receive local HD channels on our new HDTV. Unfortunately, when I run the System Test I get red Xs on satellite 99 and 103, preventing me from seeing the local HD channels. I already have another working H20 receiver in another room in the house and it sees all the satellites (and local HD channels) fine.

Any suggestions?

I'm going to try swapping the BBC between the two receivers and see if it might be bad. And I thought I could also try the new receiver connected to another jack in another room of the house to see if something could be wrong with the wiring somewhere.

My Dish/Switch Type in the setup is set to "04: Slimline-5" and "02: Multi-switch" on both the working H20 and the new H20.

Any other thoughts? I'm really trying to avoid having to have the DirecTV tech come out on Monday if I can help it.

Thanks for the help!

You mention 'another jack'. So I assume you have all four connections from the dish connected to various rooms? Or do you have multiswitch being used somewhere? If it isn't a Zinwell WB68, then those connections won't work propely.

And, as you suggested, move the new H20 to the location where the other working one is as a test..

Are you using existing coax ?
Try laying a temp and see if that works, you could have a splitter somewhere along the run that you are trying to use.
Seeing as other locations work, thats where I'd look.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)