Replacing H24 with an HR22 - Setup Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bravesfan1976

Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Tennessee
Hello!

I have a quick question that I'm hoping you all can help me out with. I just want to make sure I'm on the right page here . . .

We recently had DirecTV installed (last week) and our setup consists of an HR24 and two H24's. My wife decided that she wanted to have a 2nd HD-DVR for added storage space and being able to manipulate live TV as well. So, I called DirecTV and they agreed to send me a second HD-DVR to replace one of the H24's.

Soooo, when the shipment arrived yesterday, they sent an HR22 instead of an HR24. It was a "free" upgrade to the H24, so I can't really complain there, but now I'm confused about something - the system is working correctly at the moment (Whole Home is working fine and On Demand is up and running with the Broadband DECA attached at the HR24).

My question is this: When I switch out the H24 with the HR22, the only thing extra I should need is a DECA to get the HR22 networked with the rest of the system, correct? I "think" my logic is right here, but I'm hoping someone can back me up on this, or tell me I'm crazy :).

Thanks in advance!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)