Replacing our AV receiver

Discussion in 'A/V Receivers, Amplifiers and Speakers' started by Neutron, Dec 27, 2016.

1. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

The idea that they couldn't grab $40 for a monitor adapter was unpalatable. Besides, everyone who had a Thunderbolt-equipped display was overdue for an upgrade but they "thoughtfully" offered a T-3 to T-2 adapter for $49.

For a company that talks a whole lot about things being elegant and well thought out, they do love their adapters and converters. Their solution to a conventional USB port is what, $69? Ever try to replace one of these things in a hurry?

2. jerryez

jerryez Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

I was having trouble with my Onkyo TX-NR676 and Onkyo said that I needed to replace al my HDMI cable with 18Gbps rated cables, which are also UHD etc rated. I see Amazon sells both 18 Gbps and 10.2Gbps cables. I wonder why they recommend the 18Gbps cables.Most of my older cables were high speed cables, but had no Gbps rating.

3. harshness

harshness SatelliteGuys Master

HDMI cables have two speeds: standard and high speed. Most cables that were offered as high speed are 18Gbps cables.

If you can't sell the same thing under the same name, give it a new name.

Foxbat likes this.
  4. Foxbat

Foxbat Addicted to new HW
    Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

Like WiFi 6? ;)

Separate names with a comma.

More...