Replacing two 311's with a 622, did I mess up?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
So,
After my gounding block fiasco on my 625, my daughter's 311 started acting up. After swapping it around with my son's 311 I think the actual receiver is messed up. It looses signal from the satellite randomly. My son's 311 in her room works fine.

Anyway,

I called tech support and while I was on hold I decided not to say I have a box on the blink but asked what I could replace them with.

He offered me a free 622. Free upgrade and free install. The TV in the living room is an old rear projection, but "HD Ready".

I'm thinking I'll put the 622 in the living room and let the kids fight over the 625.

I don't know much about the 622 and it's not on Dish's website. I'm not going to get HD for now. Did I mess up? Anything I need to know about the 622?

I still have time to cancel if need be.

And yes, I'm still going to run my own cables this time too....

Mess up? No, I'd say ya done good. The 622 has an OTA tuner so you should be able to get at least some HD on your set even withouth the Dish HD channels.

Mess up? No, I'd say ya done good. The 622 has an OTA tuner so you should be able to get at least some HD on your set even withouth the Dish HD channels.

I believe the OP will be charged at least $7.00 extra per month. This is the HD Enabling Fee and is required with a new HD receiver while in a committment period. It will get him the HD locals only.

For just $3.00 more (total $10.00) you get all the HD channels available in your AT package plus the HD only channels.

I'm pretty sure it works this way.

I believe the OP will be charged at least $7.00 extra per month. This is the HD Enabling Fee and is required with a new HD receiver while in a committment period. It will get him the HD locals only.

For just $3.00 more (total $10.00) you get all the HD channels available in your AT package plus the HD only channels.

I'm pretty sure it works this way.

I thought the HD enabling fee went away back in Feb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)