Replay Tv Channel Guide For Ota Hd Tv

OHMS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
SANTA ANA, CALIFORNIA
I'm using VOOM satellite receivers to pick up Los Angeles area OTA television. The digital channels are great; even when not in HD. My problem is that my replay tv 5060s were never able to get channel guides downloaded from the replay subscription service, as they didn't support VOOM.

Now, however, I can download the local TV OTA program guides to RePlay if I choose coax antenna as my input. The lower channels are terrible in analog. If I run the antennae through the VOOM box; I get great output to the rePlay box via S-video, and then pretty good component video output to the TV.

Can somebody tell me how to get the OTA programming guide when actually using the satellite box outlet feed?

Thanks in advance,
Mike in the O/C CA

Hmmm might have to go with Wirns to do that... as the digitals probably are not in the Replay guide... my only OTA does not show on my 5xxx's or my 55xx... Planet Replay or the Avs Replay forum have a lot more on Wirns as I have not used... there was a thread here on V* off the old Rainbow service...

I FOUND AN EASIER WAY THAT WORKs for me !

W I R N S ?

Wow, It's Really Not Simple !
I just entered Satellite Receiver into the RePlay Input #2 for 'S' mini-Din ?EN? and listed DirectTv Los Angeles as the provider. Then chose Motorola as manufacturer and '0869' for the blasted code. The RePlay downloaded the DirecTv channel guide for Los Angeles, which includes most of the HDs. Then I deleted the high numbered channels I don't receive and the channel guide update has kept the locals current. Thanks for your input though.
Mike

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)