Reply from DN concerning VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The money they offered each soldier was returned or used for other purposes. But we received the real medals. I have one and it has been verified authentic. We received it right before we left. Now, if you received one some time later or whatever maybe you got a false metal one, I can't say on that. I just know we received the real thing. Anyway, that is way off topic. Back to the DISH bashing.

What percentage of them would have bothered to put up an extra $10 just to get Universal, HD Net Movies and NHL Network? I'm willing to bet 80% of them did it for Voom. We are the ones who really got screwed.

I would imagine that the Golf Channel with 70-million subscribers (all outlets), would have bothered to pony up the extra $10 to get it in HD. :D:up

Hey, Voom channels are no longer important! Come on, we now have FISHING IN HD! Seriously, FISHING!! Instead of watching music concerts, gory movies, or old Japanese kung fu movies, you can now watch some fat guy sit in a boat all day and wait for his pole to bounce because he caught something! For hell's sake, if I wanted to watch someone fishing, I'd just go up the canyon and do it. Or I'd go do it myself. They dump the Voom channels for The Weather Channel, Fishing, and The Disney Channel in HD? Is Charlie smoking some bad ganja? Someone should make him sit down and watch fishing in HD and see how bored he gets. It just feels like filler -- put a bunch of sh!tty HD channels in so you can claim you have the most, no matter how horrifically bad it is. I'm really sore about this, considering I've only been a Dish customer for.. What, 4 days now? Oh, 5.

Jay
Dish Network: Bring Back MonstersHD! Petition

This is a PR nightmare for them. Charlie could be out on the street holding a can in a few weeks.:)

Come on get real man....a PR nightmare?? Heck, probably 95% of HD subs didn't even know what VOOM was let alone watch them. Yes, there will be a few PO'd people but the vast majority of people either won't notice or will be happier with the new HD and the future new HD. Let's cut the melodramatics.

Come on get real man....a PR nightmare?? Heck, probably 95% of HD subs didn't even know what VOOM was let alone watch them. Yes, there will be a few PO'd people but the vast majority of people either won't notice or will be happier with the new HD and the future new HD. Let's cut the melodramatics.

Agreed since Voom is now at death door.(ps I do believe Voom will be back on Dish by the end of the month I can not see Voom letting their contract go with Dish)

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your e-mail. Effective immediately the VOOM HD line-up can no longer be viewed by our customers. DISH Network continues to be the leader in providing the best movies, sports and entertainment in High Definition. In order to provide you with top quality entertainment, DISH Network continually evaluates and at times, makes changes to our channel line-up. We plan to use this opportunity to introduce exciting new HD channels offering a breadth and depth of programming that better complements our already robust HD offerings.
DISH Network understands it may feel like DISH is removing your favorite programming, but check out the comparable HD programming that is available!
VOOM Channel
Alternative Programming
Channel #
Monsters HD
Chiller (Only available in SD)
Rave HD
MHD
Rush HD
Universal HD, HD Net
9427, 9422
Specific HD Movies
HD Net Movies, Universal HD, and Premiums in HD
9423, 9427

Also check out the following exciting new channels that will be available in the DISH HD Package!
· ABC Family HD (DISH Network Ch. 180)
· Biography HD (Ch. 119)
· Bravo HD (Ch. 129)
· Cartoon HD (Ch. 176)
· Cinemax 5 Star (Ch. 381)
· Cinemax HD West (Ch. 380)
· Comcast Sports Network Bay Area HD (Ch. 419)*
· Comcast Sports Network New England HD (Ch. 435)*
· CNBC HD (Ch. 208)
· CNN HD (Ch. 200)
· Disney HD East (Ch. 172)
· ESPNews HD (Ch. 142)
· Hallmark Movie Channel HD (Ch. 187)
· MGM HD (Ch. 385)
· Sci Fi HD (Ch. 122)
· Smithsonian HD (Ch. 374)
· Tennis Channel HD (Ch. 400)
· Toon Disney HD (Ch. 174)
· Travel Channel HD (Ch. 215)
· USA HD (Ch. 105)
· Weather Channel HD (Ch. 214)
· World Fishing Network HD (Ch. 396)

*Launch Wednesday, May 14

Watch for even more high definition channels over the upcoming weeks as DISH Network grows to over 100 national HD channels by end of year. For additional information please visit HYPERLINK "http://www.dishnetwork.com/HDupdate"www.DishNetwork.com/HDupdate. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer.

If you still wish to end your service, please know that for security reasons, we are unable to disconnect accounts via email. Please call 1-800-333-3474 to disconnect through a customer service representative, who will go over disconnection options and final disclosures with you.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network E-Care

I received the exact same reply. These jerks are sending out form letters.
:mad:

That is the reason all these threads exist...folks here think this is MAINSTREAM and it is not. Folks that frequent or even infrequent forums are insignificant (not in ideas or opinions) in number...as in less than 1% ers. Forum users are definitely not mainstream. No matter how niche you may theink the user community is, the vast majority of folks using Widgety have never been to www.widgetytalk.com.

Dish has what...nearly 15 MILLION subscribers? 2+ million in HD...

A few hundred here are unhappy and a dozen or so will switch.

Wow. Charlie better pack his bags!

The money they offered each soldier was returned or used for other purposes. But we received the real medals. I have one and it has been verified authentic. We received it right before we left. Now, if you received one some time later or whatever maybe you got a false metal one, I can't say on that. I just know we received the real thing. Anyway, that is way off topic. Back to the DISH bashing.

And very off topic...but mine is real gold too.

That is the reason all these threads exist...folks here think this is MAINSTREAM and it is not. Folks that frequent or even infrequent forums are insignificant (not in ideas or opinions) in number...as in less than 1% ers. Forum users are definitely not mainstream. No matter how niche you may theink the user community is, the vast majority of folks using Widgety have never been to www.widgetytalk.com.

Dish has what...nearly 15 MILLION subscribers? 2+ million in HD...

A few hundred here are unhappy and a dozen or so will switch.

Wow. Charlie better pack his bags!

As DISH stands right now, they really shouldn't be willing to lose any more subs. Telling me to watch an SD, commercial ridden channel that shows edited movies to replace Monsters HD is insulting.

Hey, Voom channels are no longer important! Come on, we now have FISHING IN HD! Seriously, FISHING!! Instead of watching music concerts, gory movies, or old Japanese kung fu movies, you can now watch some fat guy sit in a boat all day and wait for his pole to bounce because he caught something! For hell's sake, if I wanted to watch someone fishing, I'd just go up the canyon and do it. Or I'd go do it myself. They dump the Voom channels for The Weather Channel, Fishing, and The Disney Channel in HD? Is Charlie smoking some bad ganja? Someone should make him sit down and watch fishing in HD and see how bored he gets. It just feels like filler -- put a bunch of sh!tty HD channels in so you can claim you have the most, no matter how horrifically bad it is. I'm really sore about this, considering I've only been a Dish customer for.. What, 4 days now? Oh, 5.

Jay
Dish Network: Bring Back MonstersHD! Petition

You mean you are getting the Fishing Channel in HD> Mine is not coming in in HD. As for Disney, come on, you can now watch Hannah Montana in HD.

As DISH stands right now, they really shouldn't be willing to lose any more subs. Telling me to watch an SD, commercial ridden channel that shows edited movies to replace Monsters HD is insulting.

Yes, Chiller really sucks. Not even close.

Businesses dont get ahead just by being like the other guy. They also need to add other things. If Dish really wants to be DirecTV junior, in terms of content does it really matter which one to choose?

I believe the VOOM service failed several years ago simply due to timing. If an ALL HD service started today that competed against both Dish Network and DirecTV, I believe it would do very well. Many more people have LCD and Plasma HD TV's now then they did when the VOOM service first started and I bet many would drop Dish Network or DirecTV and subscribe to this service if such a service was available today.

Maybe we can convince Scott to startup "Satellite Guy's HD DBS Service". :)

I believe the VOOM service failed several years ago simply due to timing. If an ALL HD service started today that competed against both Dish Network and DirecTV, I believe it would do very well. Many more people have LCD and Plasma HD TV's now then they did when the VOOM service first started and I bet many would drop Dish Network or DirecTV and subscribe to this service if such a service was available today.

Maybe we can convince Scott to startup "Satellite Guy's HD DBS Service". :)

oKY NOW THAT IS SOMETHING TO START A E-MAIL WRITTING GET OUT THE VOTE. I will bake your efforts come on Scott start a 24 hour HD sat service.

I can understand when people's emotion is high we expect to see some heated posts, but to think DISH will tank because of how a few VOOM subs are feeling, all I can say is I can't believe there are people out there who really think so highly of themselves.

DISH apparently did not try to stop you guys from leaving, so do that already folks, if you really want to prove it to DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)