Reply from DN concerning VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unfortunately, I don't know what channels they could add to the Ultimate lineup to justify the difference in cost; they just don't exist. Now, if we jumped forward in time and something like a TCM HD, Chiller HD, or a new MGM/HDNMV type movie channel arises, then yeah, I would be completely satisfied. The only channels worthy of such a premium are the Showtime, HBO, Starz, and TMC suites, which obviously don't apply to this situation.

That's what I keep saying! There's just nothing there!

A year or two ago, I wouldn't be concerned, knowing that all the different companies were gearing up channels similar to Universal HD, MHD, ect.

Now, we've moved to a time when all HD channels are just offshoots of SD channels. AND THOSE WILL ALWAYS GO IN THE ESSENTIALS PACK!

Even Chiller wouldn't work now, it will go in the AT250 HD essentials. Same for TCM.

I have no doubt there are great HD channels on the way. But they will be going in the $10 pack. What am I paying for?

Oh brother, there is way more to life than getting all worked up over losing tv channels. It's just tv people. If you don't like what happened switch to D* or cable and dump E* already. It's VOOM's problem, not E*. They breached their contract and E* gave them ample time to make good, but, guess what, they didn't so E* played hardball. It was VOOM's decision to drop the remaining 5 channels, not E*s. If VOOM returns, we will probably see a better network.

So.. Where's your press release to support these claims? Where's your hard evidence..? A signed memo from the head of VOOM stating it was his decision to pull them from E* maybe? No? You've at least got some sort of hard evidence to back up these claims, right? Didn't think so. Let the paying customers handle their business.

Oh brother, there is way more to life than getting all worked up over losing tv channels. It's just tv people. If you don't like what happened switch to D* or cable and dump E* already. It's VOOM's problem, not E*. They breached their contract and E* gave them ample time to make good, but, guess what, they didn't so E* played hardball. It was VOOM's decision to drop the remaining 5 channels, not E*s. If VOOM returns, we will probably see a better network.

$140/month is a big deal. If anything, I just want justification as to why we should pay the same price for 1/3 of the content as before. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Absolutely, I'm with you 100% there. And speaking as a fairly new E* customer, this really isn't the way they want their company represented. My whole neighborhood watched the satellite go up on my roof, and were interested in more info. I've got the referral gift cards, now the question is, do I use them or not? ... I'm not sure I'm ready to wish this evil upon anyone else willingly.

Absolutely, I'm with you 100% there. And speaking as a fairly new E* customer, this really isn't the way they want their company represented. My whole neighborhood watched the satellite go up on my roof, and were interested in more info. I've got the referral gift cards, now the question is, do I use them or not? ... I'm not sure I'm ready to wish this evil upon anyone else willingly.

LOL. Don't even bother with the gift cards, I have referred family members and several people at work to Dish and received nothing.

$140/month is a big deal. If anything, I just want justification as to why we should pay the same price for 1/3 of the content as before. I don't think that's unreasonable.

You're only paying 20 bucks for the ultimate tier not $140. I believe E* is providing you with the programming you are paying for. If they aren't you have other options like dropping to the essentials tier for $10. That's what I did.

No, because in order to get the Ultimate HD package, you're signed up with the top 250. At least that's my understanding. And with extra receivers, that can really add up.

You're only paying 20 bucks for the ultimate tier not $140. I believe E* is providing you with the programming you are paying for. If they aren't you have other options like dropping to the essentials tier for $10. That's what I did.

My bill $140 TOTAL with the ultimate package. And no, they're not providing the content that I am paying for...They did last week, but not now. The HD Essentials package is a definite option (as is leaving all together), but as long as the Voom channels are still uplinked, I am sticking tight.

My bill $140 TOTAL with the ultimate package. And no, they're not providing the content that I am paying for...They did last week, but not now. The HD Essentials package is a definite option (as is leaving all together), but as long as the Voom channels are still uplinked, I am sticking tight.

You were not paying for 17 new nationals last week either but you have them this week.

Read the fine print, the part that says they can (and will) change programing when the mood strikes them.

In the near future they will be adding even more national HDs, are you going to bitch then about how this is not what you signed up for?

Deal with it or cancel. Those seem to be the choices we have right now.

You were not paying for 17 new nationals last week either but you have them this week.

Read the fine print, the part that says they can (and will) change programing when the mood strikes them.

In the near future they will be adding even more national HDs, are you going to bitch then about how this is not what you signed up for?

Why pay extra for channels that are pretty much standard definition 90% of the time. I am paying double to watch sd most of the time. I flipped through E*s hd lineup and guess what- I didn't see much hd at all.

Why pay extra for channels that are pretty much standard definition 90% of the time. I am paying double to watch sd most of the time. I flipped through E*s hd lineup and guess what- I didn't see much hd at all.
And you'd find the same situation with D*.

And you'd find the same situation with D*.

Exactly, that is why E* needed something different. Now they are nothing but DirectvJr. Why would anyone want E* over D* now. Why? D* has more locals/sports/hd channels/ more capacity/ better marketing/ more popular. E* has WFN.

Exactly, that is why E* needed something different. Now they are nothing but DirectvJr. Why would anyone want E* over D* now. Why? D* has more locals/sports/hd channels/ more capacity/ better marketing/ more popular. E* has WFN.

I stay for the equipment, and not wanting to pay a large upfront to switch.

I checked my bill and did not see it double when they added the new channels. Did yours go up?

You can switch to D* or cable and let us know how that goes as far as true HD content.

VOOM was great in that it had true commercial free HD all the time. The only problem was the lack of new content and the fact that they did not carry the programming that the vast majority of customers wanted.

You can't have it both ways. The moaning and groaning going on for the last few weeks about lack of new HD was out of control.

The new complaints about content that is only unconverted or stretched SD is starting.

Over time, more and more content will be true HD until eventually it all will be.

I stay for the equipment, and not wanting to pay a large upfront to switch.

Exactly my position also. To switch to Dish would cost me a minimum of $1000 for the same quantity of HDDVR's I have now.

I am upset at loosing VOOM and will drop down to Essentials once the dust settles and I am sure that some VOOM channels do not return.

It is amazing that they are so out of touch with how to treat their customers. Sending an email like this, it is insulting and just say that they are cluless about HD programming.

It is amazing how these people think. They are pathetic.

Yeah, like all the other wise decisions that moron has made in the past. :rolleyes: If his "data" team is the same one he's been using, he will fail miserably (again) and frankly, I hope he does.

+1 (would be great way to get out of the contract)

I received the same form letter. Sent back a rebuttal with a solid promise to switch providers once my contract is fulfilled.

Dish is counting on attitudes like this, sadly. The more people who develop a passive attitude about it ("put up or shut up"), the more money they make because they're too chicken to do anything about it. It's unfortunate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)