Repoint to 118 from 121

But you should be able to use the DP Dual LNBF off the SuperDish to get 129 on the Repoint Kit.

I don't think the 121 repoint kit came with any DP Dual LNBFs--just brackets.
It does come with the 129 bracket, and the 110 bracket is already mounted (but the one that my installer used did not come with any DP Dual LNBFs).

Then again I'm not in a 129 market.

I have a superdish 121. I picked one repoint kit, tried to install it myself. Installation was easy but I can't seem to find 118. I tried to do some adjustment myself but on the 118 port it either shows 110 or 119 but not 118. Another thing.. on the list of satellites it still shows 121 although there is no signal there. I have a dp44 switch. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Bypass all switches and go direct from the 1F port to the receiver. Recheck your skew and elevation settings, they are different than the settings the dish had as a 121. Lastly, check and make sure mast is plumb.

I have a superdish 121. I picked one repoint kit, tried to install it myself. Installation was easy but I can't seem to find 118. I tried to do some adjustment myself but on the 118 port it either shows 110 or 119 but not 118. Another thing.. on the list of satellites it still shows 121 although there is no signal there. I have a dp44 switch. Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Did you install a DPP44 switch in place of your DP34 switch, and run a line from the 118 lnb to it's port 4? If not, it ain't going to work! You also have to move your dish so the focal point point's at 119/118.8 instead of 121. So, if you are in the East US, move it to the left, and up slightly.

Did you install a DPP44 switch in place of your DP34 switch, and run a line from the 118 lnb to it's port 4? If not, it ain't going to work! You also have to move your dish so the focal point point's at 119/118.8 instead of 121. So, if you are in the East US, move it to the left, and up slightly.

primestar: wht would be the skew/elevation/azimuth value if i replacethe 110/119/121 lnbf with the repoint kit 118/119/110 ?

youmentioned move it to the left and up slightly...

also , does it matter what port of DP34 is connected to what satellite ?

my dish pvr 501 does not have any information on elevation /azimuth for dish 1000.... it has information for SuperDish 121 and dish 500... it's surprising..

please let me know if u or anyone can assist ..
thanks
ek1do.

A lot of other techs are going to blast me for this. But I never change the SKEW on my 121 to 118.7 repoints. Like Primestar stated, bump the EL about 1 degree upward, and barely nudge the AZ eastward.

A lot of other techs are going to blast me for this. But I never change the SKEW on my 121 to 118.7 repoints. Like Primestar stated, bump the EL about 1 degree upward, and barely nudge the AZ eastward.

The primary focus of the dish is at 118.7. Skew only affects 119, 110, and 129 if present. 119 and 110 have enough signal strength that being slightly mis-aligned by not skewing would have minimal effect. 129, OTOH, is so flippin' weak that you really should be skewing for it.

Why not skew? Sounds to me like you are just a plain ole pig who can't be bothered to do every task the job entails. You're screwing off the guy who is going to have to come out and do the 129 upgrade because now he's going to have to futz with these settings when it should have been done already.

The primary focus of the dish is at 118.7. Skew only affects 119, 110, and 129 if present. 119 and 110 have enough signal strength that being slightly mis-aligned by not skewing would have minimal effect. 129, OTOH, is so flippin' weak that you really should be skewing for it.

Why not skew? Sounds to me like you are just a plain ole pig who can't be bothered to do every task the job entails. You're screwing off the guy who is going to have to come out and do the 129 upgrade because now he's going to have to futz with these settings when it should have been done already.

Waaaahh!! :p

In all seriousness though, the 129 in this part of the country is so freaking low (20 degree EL) that in a lot of cases there is no clear LOS from the particular location that the modified SD is located. Seems hardly worth the effort; knowing that a 2nd D500 is more than likely going to be needed.

so what should the SKEW be ? cus i am interested in 129. and how come the dicknet receivers don't give me any elevation/skew information for 118.7?
thanks.

really!

anyway, if you want the receiver to tell you where to point your PLUS dish you can get a pretty good approximation by using the skew value for dish500 or a superdish 121, and the azimuth/elevation value for a dish300 at 119. Only minor adjustment from there should be necessary.

I don't know why they've never bothered to put the new dish types into the receiver pointing section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts