Repoint to 118 from 121

Are the repoint kit installs free?
I had a few people ask me they wanted the Portuguese channel pack and 2 of the channels are on 61.5 & 118.75, I told them either install a dish for 61.5 which also gives them acess to all the HD, or call to have a repoint kit installed for 118.75

Help to get 118.75w

Hello? Everybody
Like to get 118.75w so what kind
of dish & Lnb has to use.

Thanks

The only way I can see a tech refusing to repoint your dish is if you are already experiencing some kind of blockage in line-of-sight to the 119 satellite, and your 119 signal is already degrading because of it, and they don't won't to take the chance of losing your 119 altogether when they start altering the dish (It does have to be reskewed). May need your dish moved.

I guess it MIGHT be possible that your 119 is barely skimming in underneath a tree branch and the 118 is blocked, but that would be really really really out of the ordinary if even possible. It takes a real stretch of imagination for me to even write that. I can't remember if we were told or if we just assumed that if the 119 is there, then the 118 is there.

I'd like to see a picture of this.

I don't know. The 118.7 repoint is one of the easiest jobs for us to do. Why would a tech try to get out of it with some illegitimate reason?? (rhetorical question)

Last edited:
This might be a bad question. I just want to know as to how much of repointing is necessary if any to get all 110, 118 119 after replacing 121 on superdish with repointing kit, assuming that signal strength on 119 is in 90s. Is there way, not to adjust dish angle. Also, someone wrote that you need to drill holes to make the kit fit on the superdish, can you please varify this. Also, if i have type II superdish, do i have to get type II replacement kit, or any replacements kits will work . Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Well I've searched and read much as I can , hope this is not redundant, I have a type 1 superdish 121 with a dp34 switch hooked up to a 510, bought 118 repoint-kit from dishstore.net . part #148328 as HIFI1260 suggested. I mounted the kit, did a hard reset on the 510, after that did check switch, 119,110 pulling signals in the 90/100s, but when i switch to 118, no signals on tp 2 or 18, I am in zip 36701. any suggestions?

yes. the main focal point of your dish is still pointed at 121, it needs to be moved slightly to the east and peaked on 119. A slight skew adjustment might also be necessary. after this 118.7 should be very close and you can repeak on it for best signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts