Repointed 61.5 to 129, lost HD Locals (NYC)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

faster68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
I repointed 61.5 to 129 per all the hype, now all the HD Locals (New York City) are gone. Should I have added a 4th dish for 129 rather than repoint?

NYC HD locals are only on 61.5 (since you don't have a dish pointed there anymore, that's why the channels are missing). If you had 119/110/61.5 before you made the changes, you should be migrated over to an Eastern Arc (61.5/72.7/77) setup to receive all your channels

If you want to PM your account number or phone number, I can get set up or get details on an appointment for you

Last edited:
I repointed 61.5 to 129 per all the hype, now all the HD Locals (New York City) are gone. Should I have added a 4th dish for 129 rather than repoint?

Hype?? I think you misunderstood something somewhere. 129 has nothing to do with 61.5, two different functions, two different ARCs. One is not a substitute for the other, or in most cases even would be used together. I don't know what three satellites you have, but you need 72.7 and 77 to go along with 61.5. Nothing in terms of progamming will be gained by adding 129 to that.

Tampa8 said:
Hype?? I think you misunderstood something somewhere. 129 has nothing to do with 61.5, two different functions, two different ARCs. One is not a substitute for the other, or in most cases even would be used together. I don't know what three satellites you have, but you need 72.7 and 77 to go along with 61.5. Nothing in terms of progamming will be gained by adding 129 to that.

Thanks, I was going to ask what hype can be found on 129.

Some bozo at Dish kept trying to tell me that I needed 129 instead of an Eastern Arc dish. Maybe Dish did the same thing to the OP. With all the customers Dish has, I can't imagine that I would be the only one they screwed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts